Earl of Sandwich to open in Tampa

MissM

Original Poster
Anyone who's ever been to Downtown Disney has probably seen (and if they're lucky, eaten) at the Earl of Sandwich resturant. I love the place myself.

Well, I was at International Plaza yesterday and much to my pleasant surprise, they were putting up signs on one of the windows saying that the Earl of Sandwich was coming soon!

So those of us in the Tampa Bay Area who like the food but can't drive that far to get it, good news! It's now coming here. It's in the "Bay Street" section not far from Cheesecake Factory. (See it here.)

I wasn't aware of the fact they had franchises but according to their website, they're taking franchise applications now. So there might be one near you soon too!

Yum :slurp: and Yeah! :sohappy:
-m

MissM

Original Poster
Just some additional info in case anyone is interested:

Brits Bring Sandwiches To Tampa's International Plaza
Posted: March 2, 2006
TAMPA, FL - The British are coming! But this time, they're bringing some incredibly delicious sandwiches with them.

Earl of Sandwich will open its first Tampa location in West Florida on March 31, 2006. It's coming to International Plaza's Bay Street, 2223 N. West Shore Blvd. in Tampa.

By bringing its hot, fresh sandwich concept to Tampa, Earl of Sandwich plans to make their new fast-casual concept the king of the gourmet-sandwich kingdom. With a loaded arsenal of 14 hot, freshly prepared sandwiches on fresh-baked artisan bread -- along with freshly tossed salads, smoothies and desserts -- they're well on their way.

The Orlando-based restaurant franchisor is a partnership of Hard Rock Cafe and Planet Hollywood pioneers Robert Earl and Gary Davis. Even a direct decedent of the real Earl of Sandwich, the man credited with first stuffing meat between two slices of bread in 1762, is on board as a partner -- the 11th Earl of Sandwich, Lord John Montague.

Currently, the company has one location at Walt Disney World in Orlando and plans to open a franchise in South Florida in May 2006. The original location reports standing-room-only crowds in part due to the quality, value and flavor that these sandwiches offer to hungry consumers. The International Plaza location will be the group's second company-owned store.

By running the busiest sandwich shop in the world, Davis knows a thing or two about what it takes to make the freshest sandwich in all the land.

"Our fresh, hot sandwiches are the finest sandwiches in the world," said Davis. "We intend to be the Starbucks of the sandwich industry and have chosen the perfect location at Bay Street, with a built-in lunch crowd of tourists and business people."

By yearend, Earl of Sandwich intends to open an additional six restaurants across the United States. In general, Earl of Sandwich is looking to open 300 stores in the next three years, with the bulk of the company's growth fueled by regional franchisees.
-source

So look for as many as six just this year!
-m

BRER STITCH

The EARL ROCKS!!!!

:lol:

Actually, there are Franchise Opportunity table tents on all the tables at the Downtown Disney location. Looks like they are available anywhere for whoever has the money!

I'd love to get one up here because I love the way that place runs and the food is great! The Full Monty is one of the best sandwich combos ever!...and who can beat the BEEF-N-BLUE or the Turkey with cranberry sauce on a bun!!

:slurp:

Glad you will soon have it available everyday in Tampa!!!

:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom