earful tower and hat gone, what's the next studios icon??

crazgurl

Original Poster
The hat leaving left me feeling indifferent, but the earful tower demolition has bothered me more than I expected! What are they currently using as the studios icon? Are we all assuming once star wars land opens the new icon will revolve around that?

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Tower of terror has been used as well.

My guess is that once they get toy story and Pixar built out they may have a new one based on some future structure. They may just use the Chinese Theater.

Cmdr_Crimson

Take a wild guess....
WDW-Theme-Park-Icons.jpeg

JIMINYCR

I also grieve the loss of Earful Tower .... since Disney is going to be promoting SW & TS heavily to revitalize the park and bring new interest to WDW, it's conceivable that both lands could have their own standing icon. Maybe a light saber and a Buzz. Since Earful Tower was a secondary icon Disney could once again have sharing representatives.

Donillary Crumpton

A good park icon is:

-Centrally located
-Creates a unique focal point as you enter the front gates
-Is a structure that can pretty much summarize what the entire park, or at least a good portion of it represents (movies)
-Sits in sorta a hub area; easily accessible from all other "lands".

So clearly for DHS, the obvious answer is The Chinese Theater Tower of Terror (?) Well alrighty then. :confused:

crazgurl

Original Poster
ya I did some poking around myself and agree ToT seems to be their current choice. It works for the most part except on their own web site where it's just a small icon, I find it looks like just a building, nothing distinctive about it, which is kind of sad. It doesn't have much of a shape and without the title on it flat out saying what it is, it isn't horribly impressive.

Attachments

• studios icon.jpg
    studios icon.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 48

crazgurl

Original Poster
The icon was also changed to reflect it at Disney's Ear Port at MCO...
Before...
4599902760_ff4fd637ff.jpg

After...
mickey-waving-goodbye-to-passengers-in-the-foyer-and-concourse-of-gjaf47.jpg
Is it me or is that one just ugly? Guess that's my problem with it.... as much as people hated the hat, it worked as an icon no mater how much or how little detail a particular thing could give it. The tower of terror can look great but it can also just look like a brown building... boring!!! I get that maybe once the new things open something new will come in, but in the meantime, couldn't they re-locate the earful tower or something? I get the theme is changing but it hasn't changed yet and a nice throwback to its roots isn't a bad thing!

Cmdr_Crimson

Is it me or is that one just ugly? Guess that's my problem with it.... as much as people hated the hat, it worked as an icon no mater how much or how little detail a particular thing could give it. The tower of terror can look great but it can also just look like a brown building... boring!!! I get that maybe once the new things open something new will come in, but in the meantime, couldn't they re-locate the earful tower or something? I get the theme is changing but it hasn't changed yet and a nice throwback to its roots isn't a bad thing!

Until an official announcement is declared it will still be a Park of a Studio that was a Studio and now just a fictional studio that is losing an identity...

crazgurl

Original Poster
Until an official announcement is declared it will still be a Park of a Studio that was a Studio and now just a fictional studio that is losing an identity...
Since my first visit when I was 10 years old in 1997, the studios has always been my favorite park, even after they ended their ties with MGM and quit using it as a studio, I always loved it. In 2009 during my last trip I still loved it above all the others, and with so much closed and losing the icons I'm familiar with I guess it just hits home. I'm gonna need a new favorite park for my trip in October :p

PizzaPlanet

I'm thinking that they are waiting to use the Chinese Theater as the official icon until they announce a new name and rebrand the park. The ToT as the icon may only be temporary.

cheezbat

If they wanna keep ToT as the icon, Move it to the hub! Lol!

I've always thought the Chinese Theatre was perfect for Disney MGM/DHS.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom