dxwwf3's 6/9 - 6/14 Trip Report and Random Thoughts

Well I am back from a week at WDW. And I just thought I'd go park to park and give just some random info about selected things.

MK
1. We didn't get to see Pooh, Timekeeper, or CoP. Which was kind of disapointing but we will get to see them on my trip next month.

2. It made me very happy to see great crowds at Alien Encounter. One day it had a 30 min wait. And both times I saw it, it recieved GREAT crowd reaction. Many smiles and laughs were coming out of the exit. I saw they had a new shirt at Merchant of Venus but I bought another one I liked a little better. Anything to help the cause to keep the Magic Kingdom's best attraction in tact.

Epcot

1. Unfortunately I had no way to get on the main site to find out about the Mission Space preview. So I missed out on that which I absolutely hate. Please Disney get something better than those touch screen internet screens that do not work right half of the time. I need to be able to find these things out :)

2. Now about the new preshow of HISTA. The new screens are great but the new preshow is gosh aweful. Luckily they kept the Nigel Channing part at the end. I was never "thrilled" with the True Colors preshow but this new one makes True Colors look like Citizen Kane. Corny to the max and is not even entertaining.

3. I was pleased with the new Reflections of China. There are some parts that have been retained from Wonders of China but some of the new scenes are great. Just wait until you see the ice sculptures with lights.

MGM

1. Well the new Great Movie Ride "script" is in place. If you want to call it a new script. Very minimal changes and if I hadn't read about them on here I probably wouldn't have noticed them. But I guess there were a couple of good one liners but it is not a big change to say the least.

2. I finally got to ride the new Tower of Terror drop sequences. One is exactly the same but the other three are great. My favorite one is the one where you go straight up at the start and see the "ghosts" with the blasts of air right before the last drop. It seems to be the best.

AK

1. They have changed the Fastpass return on Kali River Rapids. Now everyone goes in the same way and the normal walkway is now cut in half. Can get a little cramped but its alot easier than having to fight the crowds leaving the attraction while you are trying to find the old FP return.

2. The crowds for Dinosaur have taken a huge nose dive. While Primevil Whirl, Kali, and the Safaris have 20 to 30 min waits most of the time I was there, Dinosaur had only 10 min max. Maybe a return to the old CTX name and profile is in order. Of course maybe there is a little wishful thinking here but there is no lie that the numbers aren't what they used to be.

Overall I had a great trip but I am super mad I missed the Mission Space previews. Oh well I'll be back at WDW on July 14th so I plan to get plenty of M:S rides then. And they better not pull a "Dinosaur" and tone it down before I get to ride it :lol: . There are so many things closed at WDW also. Mainly some fast food resturants and a few attractions but June isn't exactly a "down" month so I was sort of surprised. If anybody has any questions about anything please ask and I will replay as soon as possible.

dxwwf3

Original Poster
Uh I don't have any pics. I am not much of a picture guy. I only bought that new Kodak disposable camera to get that Universal Express pass offer. That shows you how much I care about pictures.

dxwwf3

Original Poster
Actually there was nothing really new to post pictures of even if I did take pictures. The only pics anyone is interested to see right now is Mission: Space pics and like I said earlier I dropped the ball and didn't get to see it. I'll just have to wait until July for that.

And another little thing to add. Does anybody else think that the surprise Mission: Space openings had anything to do with the opening of Shrek 4-D at USF? :animwink: Talk about stealing an attraction's thunder. NOBODY even seems to care about it on the net. Mission: Space is the talk of the town and it seems Disney may have given Universal a little more than they can chew on this one. I never thought a new attraction at USF could be overshadowed SO HUGELY by a sneek peek of something at Epcot :lol: But from what I've been hearing M:S isn't "just" a new Epcot attraction. But it's going to be Disney's first "real" THRILL ride with capital letters :animwink: .

dxwwf3

Original Poster
And yet again I forgot some more info.

It seems that there have been some changes to the Rock N Roller Coaster. Now there seems to be only one audio track available and there is a new voice (it is a very familiar radio voice so it is very easy to spot out I just can't remember the guy's name). I rode the ride over 10 times and got the same audio track every time. That has never happened before and I believe I got differenet cars every time. This is very weird.

And they have added a "wait time" to the single riders line at Test Track. But we have noticed this problem all over the park. The wait times posted are sometimes not even in the same ballpark as the actual waiting time. For instance the TT SRL wait time was posted at 45 min but we found out that we were the only ones in the line and actually waited 10 min (counting the preshow). Another instance is we went to Splash Mountain and there was a posted time of 35 min wait and we ended up waiting for about 65 min and there were no breakdowns because you could always hear the "breakdown spiel" (It looks like Br'er Fox and Br'er Bear are causing some kind of commotion downstream) in line if it were down . I know that it is hard to sometimes predict waiting times but it would be great if they were within 10 min like usual. I wonder if there were staff cuts to contribute to this problem?

dxwwf3

Original Poster
Yeah we always stay at All Star Sports. No need to spend alot of money on a room that you really only sleep in (we stay in the parks as much as possible). Any updates on the RnRC audio?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom