DVD recommendations for classic Walt Disney cartoons

Beacon Joe

Original Poster
I would like to pick up a few collections of Disney cartoons, so my kids can watch some of the classic shorts. They always love watching the two or three Mickey cartoons that are shown on the resort channel, and I find it kind of sad that the world of Walt Disney's shorts is pretty much an unknown to them.

There seem to be a number of different DVD releases out there. Are any better / worse than the others?

Animaniac93-98

I would like to pick up a few collections of Disney cartoons, so my kids can watch some of the classic shorts. They always love watching the two or three Mickey cartoons that are shown on the resort channel, and I find it kind of sad that the world of Walt Disney's shorts is pretty much an unknown to them.

There seem to be a number of different DVD releases out there. Are any better / worse than the others?

The definitive release of Disney shorts on DVD were the Walt Disney Treasures volumes, but those were limited edition discs and in the decade + since they were released they've now gone up to hundreds of dollars in price on ebay.

You're best option is the "Funny Factory" volumes, which feature unedited and unaltered versions these shorts at a reasonable price. There's 4 in total, each representing a different character (Mickey, Goofy, Donald and his Nephews).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom