DVD members meeting other members

lacrosse nut

Original Poster
We have owned DVC since june 2002 and have used our points (currently 250 @ SSR) about 4-5 times at wdw. We have traveled with our two children (7-10) but never with family, they do not seem to share the same excitement for Disney as we do. While they are renting a house at the shore for double the price we are paying, we are living like kings and enjoying daily entertainment. The memories are priceless, and we now expect a certain amount of comfort from our family trips. My question would be: Do other members in some sort of way find other members (even complete strangers) that share their enthusiasm for disney...enough to possibly keep in contact or plan a vacation with their next trip. Or at least congregate in the same areas during trips. We purchased DVC because I am a teacher and we travel most of the time in the summer, obviously since it is easy to schedule. However, we hear so much ridicule from our families about how expensive it is or it is only for little kids, we stopped inviting them. We found ourselves aligning our friendships at times with other families who were wdw fans, but not necessarily DVC members. I didn't know if any DVC members met and kept in contact enough to meet at wdw for a vacation, it would seem like a natural fit since most DVC members (and WDWmagic members) know more about wdw and have a lot more in common than the average person who visits the parks once in a while (or once in a lifetime). We still go to the parks, but we do not do the 9:00am to closing power park visit any more. We have learned to stay a bit longer, hit the parks at the less crowded times, and enjoy the other perks disney has to offer. Very stress free!!!! And we hardly do the same vacation twice, I want the kids to enjoy disney, not get bored with it. We hear on the chat rooms of people doing things like this but never met anyone down there. Just a thought. :)

Leyann

Hi there,

My family bought DVC in 91. My family has a few other families that we have met that are just as Disney crazed as we are and are also DVC members. Usually we go on trips with them since, similar to you, our family doesn't understand our fascination with Disney. We have never done anything with families that we met while we were there only with families that we know from home. A word of encouragement there are people out there that share your enthusiasm for Disney, hey we found a bunch and we live in Canada, I'm sure you find some where ever you are. Simple things you can do to help you find people, where a DVC hat in public or carry a bag, we've had people come up to us and start taking cause they were also members and just like that we had met another family of Disney fanatics and keep your eye open for the DVC logo, you never know where you'll see it!

lacrosse nut

Original Poster
Thanks, that is an excellent idea about the DVC logo. Someone else had an idea of meet and greets at community hall as well. Thanks for the response, I shall be on the lookout :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom