DVC waitlist

evanssc

Original Poster
Just for future reference, how successful have you found the DVC waitlist to be when trying to get a resort of your choice?

Gail Hayden

evanssc said:
Just for future reference, how successful have you found the DVC waitlist to be when trying to get a resort of your choice?

I have tried the waitlist about 3 times and have been 100% successful. I would, however, think that it would depend on when you are planning to go. I waitlisted for Sept. Sort of a quiet time.

Villainess

My family has been 100% successful getting a room when being waitlisted; it's happened to us the past 2 years we have gone for Christmas (Dec 26 - Jan 6 or so).

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
General question.

We are contemplating joining. Any "hidden" costs we need to know about that will come out at the end before we close? We know about the per point cost and the maintenance fees. They said they pay the closing costs. Anything else we need to know about?

Gail Hayden

hakunamatata said:
General question.

We are contemplating joining. Any "hidden" costs we need to know about that will come out at the end before we close? We know about the per point cost and the maintenance fees. They said they pay the closing costs. Anything else we need to know about?

No hidden costs. Everything will be in black and white before you sign.

NitroStitch

evanssc said:

Count me in as another person with 100% waitlist success - in fact, I just booked for December after getting a call last night! :D

DisneyMarg

Has anyone out there done an Interval Exchange for one of the on property resorts? We have a different timeshare than DVC, but the DVC properties are included with Interval. I just wonder if you can really EVER get one if you aren't a DVC member.

evanssc

Original Poster
Villainess said:
My family has been 100% successful getting a room when being waitlisted; it's happened to us the past 2 years we have gone for Christmas (Dec 26 - Jan 6 or so).

That is great to hear that you were able to get in on a waitlist even during Dec.

Thanks to everyone for your comments.

DisneyMarg said:
Has anyone out there done an Interval Exchange for one of the on property resorts? We have a different timeshare than DVC, but the DVC properties are included with Interval. I just wonder if you can really EVER get one if you aren't a DVC member.

They are also included with our timeshare. (It's my Mom's timeshare and she has 3 different ones with 2 different companies. One of them is Interval but I don't know which one she went through). We were trying to book one for July 2005 and we started in August 2004. However, the representative from our timeshare told us not to even waste our time because DVC members have priority and it's really hard to get in. So we ended up going with one off-site location.

I don't know if it is true or not; with the words of discouragement, we didn't even try.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Dakotadogy said:
They are also included with our timeshare. (It's my Mom's timeshare and she has 3 different ones with 2 different companies. One of them is Interval but I don't know which one she went through). We were trying to book one for July 2005 and we started in August 2004. However, the representative from our timeshare told us not to even waste our time because DVC members have priority and it's really hard to get in. So we ended up going with one off-site location.

I don't know if it is true or not; with the words of discouragement, we didn't even try.

I would think that DVC would have a block of timeshares set asside for interchange type bookings. They would have to have some type of system set up or they would not be able to get DVC members very good exchanges for places outside of Disney. Thats just my opinion.

Gail Hayden

hakunamatata said:
I would think that DVC would have a block of timeshares set asside for interchange type bookings. They would have to have some type of system set up or they would not be able to get DVC members very good exchanges for places outside of Disney. Thats just my opinion.

They cannot block out what they don't own. It is my understanding that they do the exhange one on one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom