DVC-Split Stays, How Does It Work?

Edgmiller

Original Poster
We recently scheduled our first Disney Vacation Club vacation. YEAH! The reservations call for a split stay, 2 nights at The Wilderness Lodge Resort and 4 nights at the Boardwalk Villas. The customer service rep. from DVC says the split stay is very simple. Disney will move all of your luggage to the new resort while your family is enjoying the parks. It almost sounds too good to be true. Can anyone shed light on their split stay and its process.

DisDadWoz

We usually want to get going and not wait for someone to come up to the room so we bring our luggage to bell services on the way out for the day. Make sure you take needed items with you such as medication, SPF, etc. It has always been a painless process when we have done it.

WWWD

We did a split stay between the Poly and Beach Club last March and the CM's told us that resort luggage transfers happen between 12-4pm so not to expect to have access to your luggage before then.

Minthorne

Last month we split between poly and boardwalk. Our room was ready exactly at 11am on switchover day. We had a rental car so we handled our own bags.

PhilharMagician

We typically always split our stay and it is quite easy.

When you transfer resorts and use Bell services, make sure you separate refrigerator storage and freezer storage items into separate bags and note this to the bellman. They do a great job of transporting everything and keeping the perishables cold. Also if you are transferring expensive items like a laptop PC or cameras make sure to tell the bellman that they need to be in a secure lock-up location. Then don't forget to tip your bellman since he is taking care of your possessions.

I recommend that when you leave your first resort that you go to the next resort right away and check in. I am not looking to get in a room right away, I just like to do this so if I have any room requests that I have a better chance of getting my request fulfilled. After check-in is done, then we head out to a park for the day and get back to the room typically late at night.

PhilharMagician

It depends on how busy they are. I like to call first thing in the AM from the room when I get up and schedule a time which is typically about an hour from when I call. This typically works for us.

If you are returning to your new resort at night, then stop @ Bell Services and tell you needs your bas delivered. Sometimes they can do it right away, and sometimes it may take a 1/2 hr. You can always take your own bags.

wdwhoneymooner

Just remember that bell services are usually very busy on common "travel days": the days of the week where guest transitions occur the most. The busiest days (from a friend in Orlando who works @ Disney for bell services) are Weekend mornings from 8am to about noon, then again from 2pm to about 6pm. Fridays and Mondays are also busy for the same time period, just not as intense. The other days are lighter but management schedules few CMs too, so you never know (again, per my friend).

Whenever we needed their services, the wait is usually within 15-20 minutes for pickup and this includes stays during peak seasons. The longest we ever had to wait was 35 minutes but that was only once. After checking in at the other location, our bags are usually available after 3 but never had to wait after 4:30.

Edgmiller

Original Poster
I am just excited that they will move our bags, instead of adding the extra chaos to our schedule! I was picturing packing up really early and loading the whole family up to travel to the second resort. Now that I know that this service is offers it frees up so much time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom