DVC Rental late Feb vs early March?

oliviosis

Original Poster
We're newbies to DVC rental but I've been doing research. We're planning a trip in 2018 and considering either the last week of February or first full week of March. Target would be a 2 bedroom at one of the WL DVCs. I wanted to wait to be inside the 7 month window but when I look at this board it looks like it's pretty hard to get points after 7 months? I looked on David's but I see they charge a fee to check availability so I thought I'd ask here first.

nickys

Premium Member
Firstly let me explain kind of how DVC rental companies work. They cannot check availability. What they do is take requests and match these to owners who have points available to rent out and who can book the stay being requested. At between 11 and 7 months out, that means someone who owns at Copper Creek or Boulder Ridge in your case. Within 7 months, any points will suffice. One of the owners contacted will pick up the request.

So David's are charging a fee in order to start processing your request to rent. They can't just look up availability themselves. In order to find out about availability, they need to find a suitable owner from their books. And in any case, availability on the DVC site is different from "availability" from David's. If they don't have owners with enough of the right points to be able to book your stay, then the DVC site availability is a moot point.

All that said, there is some availability, which is better in the first week of March - because that's more than 7 months out just now. If you're serious about renting, then I suggest you contact them sooner rather than later. It isn't harder to get points less than 7 months out, it's easier, but it will be harder to get what you want because anyone owner can now book at any resort. So all the owners wanting to stay at BRV or CCV themselves will be online the minute the 7 month mark opens to make their own reservation. If those are the weeks you want, you've already missed the advantage of the 7 to 11 month window.

dreamfinder

So for giggles I just looked for 2BR at WL on the last week of Feb. Copper Creek has 6 nights consecutive (Just Sunday 25th was booked) in a 2BR, but less in a 2BR lockoff or 2BR at Boulder Ridge. Pushing out to the first week of March CC 2BR has full availability. And that opens to non member bookings on the 4th I believe. So if you want to do it, then you probably want to be reaching out ASAP to start the process.

oliviosis

Original Poster
So for giggles I just looked for 2BR at WL on the last week of Feb. Copper Creek has 6 nights consecutive (Just Sunday 25th was booked) in a 2BR, but less in a 2BR lockoff or 2BR at Boulder Ridge. Pushing out to the first week of March CC 2BR has full availability. And that opens to non member bookings on the 4th I believe. So if you want to do it, then you probably want to be reaching out ASAP to start the process.
Thank you for looking, that's very helpful! I'll contact them today!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom