DVC Points Rental

smbarr

Original Poster
DH and I are APs. We are thinking about taking his parents to Disney in December. They have never been there so it would be a big deal for them. In order to have a little more space, and cut down on cost I thought this might be the route to go. We have never done it before, so I'm open to learning everything from where to do it from, what resort you would recommend, and size of room. I greatly appreciate your help with this!

Once I get this figured out, I can navigate their tickets and dining plan vs. none with their health issues!

SyracuseDisneyFan

My Mom used David's Vacation Club for our May 2014 trip. They were very helpful. We stayed at Bay Lake Tower. One thing to consider is what park you feel you'll spend the most time in. I was in a 2 bedroom, 3 bathroom suite with my Mom, brother and his girlfriend, my Dad and younger sister.

Disneyfreak Jen

I'm using David's for the first time on my upcoming October trip. Was very easy to book, I heard back in about 24 hours with my resort. The owners immediately entered into the "system", as I was able to link my My Disney Experience within a few days of making payment. So far so good, and I'm staying at OKW, studio.

Matt and Kelly

We've used a couple of companies for our last two trips. Back in 2014 we used DVC-rental.com for a one bedroom villa at Wilderness Lodge. Everything worked out really well and we thoroughly enjoyed the room but the booking process took quite some time. If I remember correctly about a month or so.

We are returning to the World in August and used David's to book a studio at the Poly. From the moment we put in the request online, we were signing our final agreement and had confirmation of our booking within 24hrs. Would highly recommend their service.

sheriffwoody

I'll give DVC Rental Store a plug. I have used them twice. Katrina helped me the first time, so I request her specifically now. She always responds quickly, and the process is so easy. Sounds like you'd be good with either two studios or a 1-bedroom.

Of the two DVC rooms we've stayed in, I'd recommend Bay Lake Tower the most. Location is great!

dreamfinder

Forgot to mention, if you are really thinking about doing it for this December, you need to start the process ASAP. Early December is actually a busy time of year for DVC owners, so many properties will fill up fast. Just took a quick look, only OKW and SSR are showing any real consecutive dates as available during Dec for a Studio or 1BR Villa. And some of those doesn't start until the 9th or so. Every other property I spot checked only had random single days as options.

Nick Pappagiorgio

We have tried for a couple years to use DVC rentals, but we are not the types to book more than 6 months out we had never had great luck. The big issue we had is that availability seems to be very hard to come by (at least for studios). We booked super early (by our standards in March, for a January 2017 trip. Even then we found that the only thing available were AKL, OKW, and SSRS. So we sign up for SSRS with Davids, but they didn't have the right number of points, so we were on the waitlist. We finally were "booked" sometimes in late April or Early may. Not so say that it wasn't a good deal, we are staying a day longer for less than what we paid for POFQ for similar dates last year.

My point is that if you decide you want to do this, you must be flexible in your resort and willing to deal with a bit of uncertainty.

JTT

I've used David's Vacation Club and they were great BUT you have to book 11 months ahead of time.
I'm trying now to get a mid December Trip together and everything I want (or will settle for) is gone. :(:mad:

mouse_luv

Davids, and as a PP said about having to book at 11mos ahead. You don't but you do have to be open to possibly not getting your 1st choice if it's one of the more popular DVC's that fills up quickly.

FrostyNaples

Late this past May we put in for a 2bd @ AK (Value or Standard) Boardwalk, and Saratoga.

So that was four requests. Only thing available was Saratoga, and this is for the last week Nov, first week of Dec.

DVC goes fast.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom