DVC Open House Tour - 3 master fp+

BigTxEars

We stayed at BW, took the DVC van to SSR and took the tours (no FPs+) and then boated over to DTD and went bowling, movies, shopping and dinner at Ragland Road. Worked out well :)

EOD K9

Its been a while since I purchased and I have a quick question. When I purchased in 2005, they took us to the rooms in SSR (Congress Park). The Springs weren't open yet. Do they still show the models in The Springs? Are they still SSR decorated? I'm asking as I remember being able to see a quasi open house at BLT and also and BoardWalk.

BigTxEars

Its been a while since I purchased and I have a quick question. When I purchased in 2005, they took us to the rooms in SSR (Congress Park). The Springs weren't open yet. Do they still show the models in The Springs? Are they still SSR decorated? I'm asking as I remember being able to see a quasi open house at BLT and also and BoardWalk.

We did the tour last month at SSR, saw sample rooms from SSR, mock rooms (set up just like the real thing though) from AK and GF as well as from the Hawaii DVC all at SSR. We stayed at the BW as stuck our heads in that smaller DVC location which of course is just models of BW.

BigTxEars

Welcome, it's a nice little tour, took us maybe 30-40 mins total. The DVC van picked up us at BW at 9am, we did the tour and then we caught the boat over to DTD for the day. Caught a Disney bus back to BW that afternoon. The DVC would have taken us back to BW if we wanted it to. :)

EOD K9

They did the same thing when I took the tour in '05. They didn't offer FPs back then, just ice cream. At the time, Congress Park was the only section open. After being in the Grand Villa and seeing the view of DTD, I decided to make the purchase. I haven't looked back since.

BigTxEars

They did the same thing when I took the tour in '05. They didn't offer FPs back then, just ice cream. At the time, Congress Park was the only section open. After being in the Grand Villa and seeing the view of DTD, I decided to make the purchase. I haven't looked back since.

We received no free FP+s or ice cream, just coffee. But heck we had just eaten at Boardwalk Bakery so we were not hungry anyways. I would have taken the FP+s though :)

Yeah had we not already bought into DVC we would have that day. It was no pressure sales at all but the product sells itself. We were there to talk to them about adding points and they asked if we wanted a tour. If was almost like a spur of the moment tour for them it seemed after we talked to them about adding points. A nice young man from New York did our tour.

dreamfinder

So you waste a few hours of your vacation going on a tour for a DVC you have no intention of buying just to get 3 fast passes? Wouldn't it be easier to just spend the time in line for the rides instead? To each their own, but that doesn't sound like a lot of fun to me.

That is essentially the point of them giving you the FP. It is time that you could have otherwise waited in line for 3 rides, so they have you hang with them in the AC (and perhaps get free ice cream/drinks) and then go use the FP lines. Figure 3 hrs of time wasted in line in the heat, or some time listening to a spiel in the AC with a snack. Personally, we did it when they were offering a $100 gift card so cannot speak to the quality of the ice cream, but it's not a terrible mid afternoon break. No worse than going back to the hotel for a snack and chilling in the AC.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
That is essentially the point of them giving you the FP. It is time that you could have otherwise waited in line for 3 rides, so they have you hang with them in the AC (and perhaps get free ice cream/drinks) and then go use the FP lines. Figure 3 hrs of time wasted in line in the heat, or some time listening to a spiel in the AC with a snack. Personally, we did it when they were offering a $100 gift card so cannot speak to the quality of the ice cream, but it's not a terrible mid afternoon break. No worse than going back to the hotel for a snack and chilling in the AC.

To each their own. If I had no interest in buying into DVC I would not do the tour just to get free FPs. If you are interested/curious about buying in that's a different story. I was really commenting on people with no interest in buying going just to get some FPs.

Phonedave

When I turned down the ice cream you would have thought I was turning fown a million dollar prize. The tour person was shocked "You mean you don't want any ice cream??? But it's FREE." - no thanks - "But it's like an ice cream shop, you can choose whatever you want." - thats OK, no thanks - "There is no catch, it's free ice cream."

I was beginning to think they drugged the ice cream to get you to buy points.

-dave

BigTxEars

When I turned down the ice cream you would have thought I was turning fown a million dollar prize. The tour person was shocked "You mean you don't want any ice cream??? But it's FREE." - no thanks - "But it's like an ice cream shop, you can choose whatever you want." - thats OK, no thanks - "There is no catch, it's free ice cream."

I was beginning to think they drugged the ice cream to get you to buy points.

-dave

Nice ideal.... :)

And again I was not offered ice cream last month on our tour......I was cheated!!! I bet if I call they would send me my ice cream in the mail....

Innkeeper's Club

This past December my family and I did the DVC tour at the Boardwalk Community Hall because in our room at the Boardwalk Inn was an envelope with a picture of the Grand Floridian Villas along with a letter saying if we do it we will get a $100 Disney gift card. Anyway we had no intention of purchasing into DVC and sat through the presentation and asked questions to let them think we were, however it was worth it since that $100 gift card came in hand when purchasing some things. I even had no idea we got 3 Fast Pass + until I looked at the My Disney Experience app.

Seanual757

Plus they are offering a $100 Disney gift card (was $50) as well to take a tour. We lucked out we did buy, plus the matching points, and the $50 gift card :)

Innkeeper's Club

Plus they are offering a $100 Disney gift card (was $50) as well to take a tour. We lucked out we did buy, plus the matching points, and the $50 gift card :)
Before going away last December DVC mailed us a letter saying we will get a $50 gift card for taking one of their tours, (not sure how they got my home address to start with) which had nothing to do with the $100 gift card being offered when staying at a WDW Resort.

Seanual757

We did our tour in March the DVD van picked us up at PROFQ we dropped the kids off at the kids play area @ DVC, did the tour, signed papers about 90 minutes later, got our $50 gift card, 3 DVC canvas bags, our membership cards, & sliders. Went back to our room setup our account and proceeded to book July 4th, and our October trip for 2015 :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom