DVC Members

jay_london

Original Poster
Hi Guys , any DVC members out there? Am based in the UK and am interested in buying into the DVC. Any experiences or info would be welcome. Not quite sure how it works or the costs involved. Just wanted to get some first hand info before tackling any sale people from DVC.

Kind Regards Jay

artvandelay

I'm not a member, but I've looked into buying DVC. WDWMAGIC doesn't get into DVC topics that often. The site to go to is:

www.disboards.com

They have a very active DVC board with answers to all the questions. Also, disney.com has some info.

Good Luck

MagicalMonorail

The Disney Vacation Club is awesome! I'll give you a VERY general overview. When members join, they are allowed to buy a certain number of points. There is a certain price per point. You receive a certain amount of points to spend each year. You use the points to buy your hotel room instead of money. A hotel room may be 30 points a night and that's how many points are taken away. So basically you buy and spend points instead of actual money.

Another great thing about DVC is the great hotels. The hotels in WDW are made especially for DVC members. These include Old Key West, The Villas at Beach Club, Wilderness Lodge, and Boardwalk, and the new Saratoga Springs. They offer 1, 2, and 3 bedroom hotel rooms. They also have participating hotels all over the world. My family's only regret is that we didn't do it sooner. Someone else may be able to clear this up better for you. Hope I helped!

Debbie

Originally posted by jay_london
Hi Guys , any DVC members out there? Am based in the UK and am interested in buying into the DVC. Any experiences or info would be welcome. Not quite sure how it works or the costs involved. Just wanted to get some first hand info before tackling any sale people from DVC.

Kind Regards Jay

Just wanted to say it's nice to see you here. Hope everything has been OK with you!:wave:

DisneyPhD

Hi Jay, we joined DVC in 2001 and we are so glad we did. We love it. We have 170 points at VWL, and wish it was around 220 or so, but add on's are such a pain in the butt. (Also right at the time we contacted our guide to get the paper work started, I was laid off. Hubby still has his job and I stay home with DD, but extra money for an add on is out for now :hammer: )

Anyway we love it. A studio at DVC is better then any deluxe room at another WDW resort (plus if you wanted you could use your points to stay at any WDW resort or cruise line, DLC or DLP resort.) In fact if you use DVC points for DLP for a room, the park addimsion is free. In addtion there is a world full of other places you can use your points for, but there is a 75$ booking fee. It isn't as good of a deal, but still offeres alot of fexibility.

The one and 2 bedrooms are just wonderful. They take a lot of points and the points double on Friday and Saturday night. This can be a pain, but is done so local DVC members don't take them all up on the weekends.

In addtion to the WDW resorts listed above, they are have more. Hilton Head S.C. and Vero Beach Fla. Hopefully we will try out VB in a few months. It seems like a great beach vacation.

I visit the disboards website listed above. There is a least 1000 DVC members there and lots and lots of info. Good luck. We are really happy with DVC. I found the sales people to be really friendly and not pushy.

Connears

We have been members since 1994 at OKW and added-on at HHI in 2002. Love both of these resorts and have enjoyed BCV also, but bad experience at BWV. I have never regretted the purchase and after 14 trips to WDW and 6 to HHI(plus many other give-aways to friends/family), it continues to be a great purchase.
Connears

FanofDinsey1981

my parents and I joined back in 1994, so we are some of the old schoolers. Old Key West is by far my favorite, thought any DVC place is good. I can go on all day about the DVC, but if you want to know something specific, I would be glad to ramble on about it for a while :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom