DVC Members - Share the Magic

Magic Maker

Original Poster
Attention all DVC Members:
Pretend this is a commercial for DVC or something of the sort. Tell me about the magic behind being a DVC member. I want to hear all the good stuff, mushy, magical memories and such. I will soon be working for DVC and would like to hear all the positive experiences you have had with DVC in order to motivate me.

I know it may not all be peaches and cream, but please keep any bad comments out of this thread. I know that means this thread is not fair or balanced, but that is not the point of this thread. Again this is motivation for me to perform my new job.

Thank you!!!!!

Magic Maker

Original Poster
I am a little sad that no members have posted their magic stories :(
I am an Advanced Sales Associate. I represent DVC in the parks and resorts and help Guests book their Open House of Saratoga Springs.
I am not going to use anyone's testimonials as part of my presentation to the Guests. It is for me to look back on as a reminder of why being a member of DVC is so great so that I will continue to be motivated in my job. Not that I wouldn't be, but it is nice to hear how members enjoy being a member.

DisneyPhD

OK, my wife is a lot better at this stuff than me but here goes.

I guess a lot of the magic that we get out of DVC happens even before we get there. Part of it is knowing that we've got a great place to go to on vacation for a long time to come and planning the next vacation (or two). At one point I had the next three or four years worth of points planned out. I know they will change (they have twice already) but its fun for my wife and I to plan these together. Now that my oldest is 4 she is starting to give input on where she wants to stay next time. It gives us some traditions too. Our most notable is to get a picture with the DVC statue or topiary at the resort we're staying at and then there's the Ariel statue at BCV that we get a picture with whether we're staying there or not :lol: .

I hope that helps. There are not as many DVC people here as some other boards so your sample size is going to be a bit smaller.

Welcome Home :wave:

Aurora_25

Well, this November will be our first time at our DVC "home" but I have to say that for us- knowing that our hotel is taken care of and that we can go to Disney one year, go on a cruise the next and things like that is totally worth it to us. We go to Disney once a year and now we are planning more "shorter" trips because we are in the DVC an can afford to do more trips than we could have before. It's a great feeling knowing that we don't have to worry about how much a hotel room will cost for so many nights or anything like that.

slappy magoo

Magic Maker said:
I am a little sad that no members have posted their magic stories :(
I am an Advanced Sales Associate. I represent DVC in the parks and resorts and help Guests book their Open House of Saratoga Springs.
I am not going to use anyone's testimonials as part of my presentation to the Guests. It is for me to look back on as a reminder of why being a member of DVC is so great so that I will continue to be motivated in my job. Not that I wouldn't be, but it is nice to hear how members enjoy being a member.

Forgive me, but your request still comes across as...opportunistic to me. Someone who works for WDW, about to work for DVC, demanding our "special stories" about the magic of DVC for...inspiration? Why would you need inspiration? You obviously want the job, and according to the DVC sales rep who handled my purchase, it's not a difficult thing to sell.

Your request comes across less like a genuine curiosity and appreciation for these kinds of stories, and more like a solicitation for testimonials. Regardless of whether or not that's your intention, it's how you're coming across. Sorry, but I know that's why *I'M* not sharing.

RickEff

Magic Maker said:
:) Cute RickEff, how have you been learning abotu DVC?

I've been investigating this for years from various sources. Until I could afford to buy the points outright, I didn't think it was worth going into dept for.

I'll be at WDW from Sep 24 to Oct 8th. I will probably plan another visit to DVC. I'd gladly go through you if you'd like.

Rick

Magic Maker

Original Poster
slappy magoo said:
Forgive me, but your request still comes across as...opportunistic to me. Someone who works for WDW, about to work for DVC, demanding our "special stories" about the magic of DVC for...inspiration? Why would you need inspiration? You obviously want the job, and according to the DVC sales rep who handled my purchase, it's not a difficult thing to sell.

Your request comes across less like a genuine curiosity and appreciation for these kinds of stories, and more like a solicitation for testimonials. Regardless of whether or not that's your intention, it's how you're coming across. Sorry, but I know that's why *I'M* not sharing.

I completely understand your concern.

I have worked for Disney for three years now. There is nothing I love more. The reason I enjoy working for Disney is because I love making people smile and be happy, especially through the magic of Disney. This is the reason I took a pay cut to go be a safari driver for a while.
Disney Vacation Club is a new experience for me. When I come into something new I want to immerse myself in the new experience in order to gain more faimiliarity and also get even more excited about it.
I could not be more excited about this opportunity and when I got the call that I would become an ASA I wanted to immerse myself in that world.
As I said I completely understand your concern. But for anyone who knows me, and a few member here do, I am not the type of person to simply solicit anyone's memories for my own personal gain.

But you most certainly do not have to share your stories if you do not wish. I most certainly am not demanding anything.

Magic Maker

Original Poster
RickEff said:
I've been investigating this for years from various sources. Until I could afford to buy the points outright, I didn't think it was worth going into dept for.

I'll be at WDW from Sep 24 to Oct 8th. I will probably plan another visit to DVC. I'd gladly go through you if you'd like.

Rick
If you happen to come across me while I am out there, wonderful. But do not feel as though you have to seek me out. I have not started this thread, nor identified myself in order to be more successful at work.
I hope all goes well with your journey into becoming a DVC member.

Also I will be starting training during that time :) Right now I am still a safari driver.

Magic Maker

Original Poster
The cat is completely out of the bag, now, no reason for me to keep it a secret any longer. The issue has been taken care of
:drevil:

Yoop33

I don't have any stories yet like some people but am looking forward to our first trip (currently on waiting list) in December of this year. My girlfriend and I have recently moved into a new townhouse and knew we weren't going to have much time or money to have all these other things to do. So like a lot of other people said already it is nice to have something already paid for and planed. Not to mention I am only 23 and she is only 21 and we both think that this would be great for us, our families, our friends (since most of them have annual passes as well) and eventually our kids, now and 50 years down the road. We spend all of our off days and free time at Disney anyway so we figured "Why Not"?

KerTggr

OMG!! Where to begin? Well, let me start by saying that I am not (yet) a DVC member, but that my sister & brother-in-law have been since 1996. They bought it on their honeymoon. :animwink: Most recently, they used some points that they had "banked" from last year to get a room @ Paradise Peir for the 50th. It was really nice to have someone with a room nearby, since the rest of us used the good neighbor hotel/tickt options for the trip. My parents reside in S. CA., so we had cars, but it was still nice to just walk back to their hotel room for naps (traveling with a 8-mo old).

I have been to the Grand Villas @ OKW with them twice since they purchased the DVC membership and will be leaving in less than 30 days to go again!!

Probably the best part for me is being able to get together with family from around the country and be at our favorite places (either WDW or DL)! What's really nice about the Grand Villas is the fact that we are all in the same place, but get our own respective rooms (3 couples, & 1 younger individual adult who usually stays in the living room). The DVC is particularly nice because it really feels like we are coming home. My sis & bro-in-law usually give us the room via a note in the Birnbaum books for Christmas. That way it's a Christmas gift that we can all be excited about for the rest of the year!

KerTggr

BTW - I completely understand wanting to throw yourself into the experience and just want to say how excited I am for you to get this oportunity to make even more magic in people's Disney experiences!

Yoop33

We have been together for a about 2 and a half years now and have always loved Disney. Right now we are actually on the property but staying at another resort. Today we went to "Pool Hop" and found out that we were not supposed to unless we were staying with Disney which makes sense. But we ended up hopping over to SS this morning to lay by the pool. The one thing I don't think I will ever get enough of is being welcomed home. We were just laying down and a gentelman walks by and says "Good morning guys!! Welcome Home!!" He put this gigantic smile on my face like I was a little kid again. It's as if they are welcoming you to the exclusive club of Disney World.
All I can say is that I can't wait for every planned and unplanned vacation to come.
P.S. I also like the "Get Togethers" they have just for Members not to mention the Discounts that we get EVERYWHERE it seems like.

Where did you say you were working again? Will you be rotating to all the kiosks? Maybe I will see you there.

Magic Maker

Original Poster
Awesome thank you all, I am quite excited.
I will be at the kiosks in the parks and resorts. The training is three weeks long, so it will be mid October before I am out making Magic again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom