DVC Member Lounge Coming to Imagination!

Next Big Thing

How much dose Disney spend on a lounge like this?... I worked for the company that makes the chairs in the plan, and they are not cheap we are talking over $3000 a chair... not to mention the other furniture seems to come from the same line of products all high end all very expensive.
That's nothing for Disney. A drop in the bucket to throw DVC a bone.

Although they have been doing a much better job at throwing events for DVC lately. There's a few coming up at MK like the one they did at Typhoon Lagoon in July/August. Free food, attractions open, etc.

JoeCamel

How much dose Disney spend on a lounge like this?... I worked for the company that makes the chairs in the plan, and they are not cheap we are talking over $3000 a chair... not to mention the other furniture seems to come from the same line of products all high end all very expensive.

Remember that this is not going to be around forever so the furnishings might go elsewhere so getting well built, well designed chairs would make sense if they have a future ahead in another incarnation.

note2001

Remember that this is not going to be around forever so the furnishings might go elsewhere so getting well built, well designed chairs would make sense if they have a future ahead in another incarnation.
Absolutely. Quality furnishings that will stand up to tons of use for years will be expensive. If they were to plop standard household chairs in there they'd need to be replaced several times per year. Example: look at the two small sofa style seats in Territory Lounge. They keep trying to get away with household quality furniture and they bottom out in months. One of these days the buyer for them will figure it out.

Last edited:

raven

My bet is this will be the standard lounge setup: AC, places to sit, perhaps a video game for the kids to play. The real draw is having a place to sit in comfort and not expected to pay a bill for the soda. Betting they will have the photo booth eluded to in the 25th anniversary announcements in here too.

Would love if it also had private bathrooms.

No bathrooms, just a lounge.

Cmdr_Crimson

Wonders VIP Lounge looks like a good Option...
1f55e82fb58eff97fe7e816287343b26.jpg

That is....If they can appeal guest to go there or have it open during F&G/F&W..

Nastory4

So does this put to rest any of the imagination renovation rumors? How sad, even as a DVC member who could use this space. The real way to make a DVC member feel special? Put money into the parks for new rides and experiences so we can more enjoy the parks we have pledged to visit for the next 40 some years with our DVC points. I know there are a lot of upcoming projects but Epcot needs some love and this is not it.

I would rather get more coffee packets in my room and an additional day of Mousekeeping.

Tigger1988

I'm surprised no AP holders have spoken out about not having a lounge. For what they spend on tickets they should have some sort of private areas as well.
They don't spend nearly as much as DVC owners. And get far more perks throughout the year. Beyond the lame Member Wednsdays DVC got no events until last year.

note2001

Maybe over the long term...but I would assume that AP holders spend enough considering their tickets and increases every year as well as resort stays, merchandise and food purchased while on property. Knowing many people who are both DVC owners and AP holders I often hear more complaints from the AP holders then the DVC owners about not having enough perks for the money they spend.
The bulk of the DVC owners do not expect perks. They bought into a real estate agreement knowing all that is guaranteed them is accommodations for the length of the contract and an 11 month out booking window to help them reserve their home resort. It is a long term commitment from both DVC to maintain the properties for the owners, and from the owners to keep paying the maintenance. You will hear some scream loudly when things like free valet are taken away, but the understanding is there that those are just perks, perks change, and no one in their right mind bought into DVC due to the perks.

AP holders on the other hand are mostly fly-by-night types. They buy their passes when it is most convenient for them financially, often skipping over years to get the most for their money. There is no commitment to Disney once purchased, however Disney must provide access to the parks for one year per the agreement. Then the perks added in on top are expected, and arguments are made that the pass was purchase due to those perks.

Would it be nice to see an AP lounge on property? Of course, but the moment Disney tries to close down that lounge there will be screaming like you've never heard before.

Last edited:

raven

Would it be nice to see an AP lounge on property? Of course, but the moment Disney tries to close down that lounge there will be screaming like you've never heard before.
They've already done that. Also most APs aren't aware of "events" held throughout the year if there are any.

Next Big Thing

There hasn't been an AP event in FL since the Everest 5 year in 2011 and that broke the registration website.

Yet DL does stuff practically weekly
It's not like Disney doesn't have a platform with a captive AP audience either. They have an entire FB Page dedicated to AP Holders.

I do like that DVC is starting to do things though. Starting last year with the Beach Bash at Typhoon, now a similar party at MK, another Beach Bash at Typhoon and a celebration at DAK later this year. All events include admission and free food, drink, rides open, etc.

KDM31091

It would be nice if the public could go up there but at least it will be being used for SOMETHING after all this time.

I would think they'd take the cage off of the escalator that's near the entrance to the pavilion. Not sure if that one used to go "up" or "down" but it looks like it could be easily put back into use. Otherwise, all you have is the spiral staircase and elevator, both of which are in the middle of the gift shop which is a bit awkward for access.

As far as access, I'm not sure how strict they'd bother being...it's not like it's really an "attraction". But I guess we will see.

Seanual757

Looking forward to the lounge, my only complaint as a DVC owner is I wish we had the opportunity to participate in the events even if we are not staying. Since I am local it would be nice to go w/ out staying. I am also an APH too so we do try to keep up with the perks as much as we can for both.

Jeffxz

Looking forward to the lounge, my only complaint as a DVC owner is I wish we had the opportunity to participate in the events even if we are not staying. Since I am local it would be nice to go w/ out staying. I am also an APH too so we do try to keep up with the perks as much as we can for both.

From what I can see on the DVC site only the Typhoon Lagoon event is limited to resort guests. The Magic Kingdom event specifically lists that DVC members not staying on property are allowed themselves and up to 5 guests. The Animal Kingdom event doesn't specifically say anything yet about resort guests.

note2001

From what I can see on the DVC site only the Typhoon Lagoon event is limited to resort guests. The Magic Kingdom event specifically lists that DVC members not staying on property are allowed themselves and up to 5 guests. The Animal Kingdom event doesn't specifically say anything yet about resort guests.

I believe the Merry Mixer is open to all DVC members too, they only look at our membership cards, not the wristbands. (This is one of the reasons they're adding an expiration date to the cards, so that former members can no longer just hop in line with an old card and be admitted.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom