DVC Member Lounge Coming to Imagination!

Cmdr_Crimson

Another thought came to mind since these are in the seating area...What about the escalators? They don't appear to be in the planned layout design. Just the center staircase/elevator.
From Theme park Review
dscn1041_0.jpg

Cmdr_Crimson

Call me clueless, but where do those escalators come out on the first floor?

One can be seen as you first enter the pavillion there is a little hallway to the left side of the queue to the ride that goes right into the main floor imageworks (If you want to bypass the ride and walk right into the Unimaginative section of the place;).) The entrance to it is caged you can see it in the picture above you pass right by it when walking through...The other Escalator if I recall from Martin's JII Tribute went directly into the Magic Eye theater cue area. When the theater que got redisigned it was basically walled off....

Last edited:

raven

Call me clueless, but where do those escalators come out on the first floor?
The UP escalator could potentially be opened easily but I believe they will simply use the stairs and elevator (save on maintenance). The DOWN escalator is now closed in at the bottom and ends in a merchandise storage room for the store in the building.

NiarrNDisney

I just read on Facebook that it is definitely confirmed that there will be a 25th Anniversary DVC Lounge in the upstairs of Imagination.
Its reported that there will be Computers, Charging Stations, Places to sit and rest, Drinks and what is being touted as a DVC Concierge that members can ask questions, set up ADR's, et al. etc. so forth...

Edit: I guess I am late to the boat :oops:

glvsav37

I just read on Facebook that it is definitely confirmed that there will be a 25th Anniversary DVC Lounge in the upstairs of Imagination.
Its reported that there will be Computers, Charging Stations, Places to sit and rest, Drinks and what is being touted as a DVC Concierge that members can ask questions, set up ADR's, et al. etc. so forth...

Edit: I guess I am late to the boat :oops:

lol...yea, a little late, but its all good!!

wondering about the bolded? Set ADR's....I figure most ADR's are set 180 days before i walk into that lounge, what can they do? Unless they are giving these guys special pull, like a reg resort concierge just for the celebration period?

So if I went in today and said "get me a table for 8 at Ohana tonight...please" they could?

note2001

lol...yea, a little late, but its all good!!

wondering about the bolded? Set ADR's....I figure most ADR's are set 180 days before i walk into that lounge, what can they do? Unless they are giving these guys special pull, like a reg resort concierge just for the celebration period?

So if I went in today and said "get me a table for 8 at Ohana tonight...please" they could?
Chances are they won't be able to do anything you wouldn't be able to do yourself. The staff in the lounge areas are usually there to 'babysit' the adults and keep the place tidy.

glvsav37

Chances are they won't be able to do anything you wouldn't be able to do yourself. The staff in the lounge areas are usually there to 'babysit' the adults and keep the place tidy.
i assumed so....just the term "Concierge" was odd. More like a "Salesman begging you to buy more points"

NiarrNDisney

i assumed so....just the term "Concierge" was odd. More like a "Salesman begging you to buy more points"

Frankly the article I read did not really explain all of what the DVC Concierge would do it was left pretty vague besides what I summed up above. Hopefully in the future more info will be released as to what special services DVC member can look forward to with these CM's.

Fairy32

I hope they have the up escalator at least....I've watched videos and that looks like a lot of stairs. Being I have a bad foot I would hate to climb them.

Cmdr_Crimson

You do have to wonder how they are going to enforce guest who aren't DVC members that they can't go up there as many will see them going up the steps and thinking that they too can go up there.

note2001

Frankly the article I read did not really explain all of what the DVC Concierge would do it was left pretty vague besides what I summed up above. Hopefully in the future more info will be released as to what special services DVC member can look forward to with these CM's.

My bet is this will be the standard lounge setup: AC, places to sit, perhaps a video game for the kids to play. The real draw is having a place to sit in comfort and not expected to pay a bill for the soda. Betting they will have the photo booth eluded to in the 25th anniversary announcements in here too.

Would love if it also had private bathrooms.

Next Big Thing

You do have to wonder how they are going to enforce guest who aren't DVC members that they can't go up there as many will see them going up the steps and thinking that they too can go up there.
I have to think they will have someone checking your DVC card/scanning MagicBand to make sure you are DVC.

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
How much dose Disney spend on a lounge like this?... I worked for the company that makes the chairs in the plan, and they are not cheap we are talking over $3000 a chair... not to mention the other furniture seems to come from the same line of products all high end all very expensive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom