DVC Discount

kimrn87

Original Poster
I am reading 20% of purchases on the website but a lot of exclusions so would somebody be able to clarify for me if this includes the shops in the park and the what about the Disney store in Disney Springs? Thank You.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
The DVC/AP discount is good at most all stores and merchandise at the parks, resorts, and Disney Springs(minus s few non Disney owned stores but some non Disney stores also participate too). Also the discount is taken off automatically at checkout on most merchandise on Shop Disney Parks App. There is not many exclusions at all really. 99% of all I have ever bought the discount was available to use. :)

Simba's Mom

I don't know if things have changed, but at WDW, no one ever asked us if we were DVC members, so the only way to get the discount was if we asked EVERYWHERE about the discount (and remember, sone quick serve places are giving a DVC discount). The reason I mention this is that at HHI, whenever we spent money, the CM would ask us "Are you DVC members?" and then give us the discount. But at WDW it was OUR responsibility to bring it up (I understand, but I appreciate that at HHI, if I forgot, it was OK).

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I don't know if things have changed, but at WDW, no one ever asked us if we were DVC members, so the only way to get the discount was if we asked EVERYWHERE about the discount (and remember, sone quick serve places are giving a DVC discount). The reason I mention this is that at HHI, whenever we spent money, the CM would ask us "Are you DVC members?" and then give us the discount. But at WDW it was OUR responsibility to bring it up (I understand, but I appreciate that at HHI, if I forgot, it was OK).

Yes you have to let them know. HHI it is a DVC property so they naturally will ask being most guests are DVC members. The multiple stores all over WDW are not going to ask all customers this. Usually the resorts though that have DVC rooms do ask at WDW in their gift shops. At least for us they have sometimes.***** Also to add you have to show your DVC member card and a valid ID to get the discount. :)

tsav22278

We were there for a week back in November. We were asked all over, in resorts and in parks as well as Disney Springs, if we had any discounts.

nickys

Premium Member

It took us a few days to start remembering to ask. That said, DH bought quite a lot at the Star Wars shop at Disney Springs and forgot to ask for a discount. When we went back in later that day, I asked, and mentioned he had forgotten to get it. THe CM was brilliant, just put everything through as returned and rang it all up again, with 20% off!

We got the discount at every shop we asked in. Not so much at QS, but that may have been because it was Christmas / New Year. BOG Apparently doesn't give it except at dinner. 20% is a really good discount though. Just carry your card and I'd.

Phonedave

I always ask if they have any discoounts, and what the best one is. Most of the time I have AP, DVC, and Chase Card discounts available (The AP comes and goes as our plans change). Most of the time the AP/DVC is the best discount, but sometimes the Chase card can suprise you.

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom