Dumb question about EMH

spock

This might be a dumb question, but how many extra hours does the EMH actually give you? We're planning a trip in November and are not planning to stay on property. But we're thinking of staying at one of the value resorts the first night only because Magic Kingdom has Extra Magic Hours on that day. I welcome any and all opinions on whether or not it's worth it. Thanks!

CAPTAIN HOOK

EMH will typically give Disney Resort guests 1 hours early admission in the morning (all 4 parks) and two extra hours in the evening (AK excluded). There will still be none Disney Resort guests around in the evening but they won't be able to get onto the rides. During anyone given week, each park will probably get two or three EMH periods, a combination of both morning and evening hours, except AK which is morning only

Upvote 0

spock

Original Poster
Captain Hook, thank you so much for the information! We're flying in on Saturday, November 1 and Disney's website says that MK has the EMH that day. We won't be able to take advantage of the morning hour, so it would only be the extra two hours at night that would be of benefit to us. Still not sure whether it's worth spending one night on property just for those two extra hours. Any advice and insight would be welcome!

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

I think the value of EMH all depends on the preferences of the guest. You'll hear a lot of people say that the parks feel very crowded on EMH nights, but I feel like the crowds are most obvious during the whole MSEP/Wishes timeframe. i.e. once Wishes ends, all of the non-resort guests clear out and the park feels much less crowded to me. So, I get to ride a few more rides and then get to leave the park in peace rather than pandemonium.

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

Your EMH time frame on Sat 1st November is from 10pm - midnight. Wishes is scheduled for 10pm.
When this finishes - all the non Disney Resort guests will leave when they realise they can't do any rides and a lot of guests with young kids who are staying at a Disney Resort will leave.
You are NOT going to have the park to yourselves but you will be able to get quite a few of the rides done (particularly if you start lining up prior to, or during Wishes).
My opinion - go for it. You won't get any benefit like this If you're staying off property for the rest of your trip.

Upvote 0

gooftroop5

We love evening EMH. Like PPs have said the park isn't empty, but you can get a lot accomplished. As a bonus we think the parks are extra magical at night! Have fun!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom