Pre-Trip Dueling PreTrip Reports - Celebrating DH's 30th Birthday!

The Details:

I think this is my first official pre/trip report as DH (@ArtieJim) always gets to write them. To to be fair mostly because I am too lazy a good portion of the time. But this year I've decided it would be fun for us both to do reports a sort of he said, she said, because why not?!?

Our trip starts on March 5, so   until we finally return to Disney!!

This year if will be myself (Alex) and my DH, AJ. This will be our 4th trip together and first as husband and wife. We leave from Newark airport bright and early at 6am and come home late on March 10 just to leave again on the 11th to to head to Detroit to see the NY Rangers take on the Red Wings, but that's a whole other story!

The first photo on each collage is from our first trip in Oct. 2010, then Dec./Jan. 2011-2012, and finally Oct. 2013

Epcot Bridge.jpg

Space Earth Photos.jpg

And sharing some shameless wedding photos because it was the best day ever, did I mention we are huge hockey fans?!?
Wedding.jpg

Last edited:

Lexi

Original Poster
Hotel:
This year we will be staying at POP, wait nope scratch that, we will be staying at Port Orleans Riverside for the first time! This was a last minute change we made two days ago. Disney posted a new Spring Savings Deal that made Riverside only $200 more then what we were already paying to stay at POP so we figured why not, AJ only turns 30 once!

Eats:
We made our reservations right at the 180 day mark and have the regular dining plan (1 TS, 1QS, 1 snack). Of course these plans have changed a few times over but we have finally settled on:

Saturday 3/5: Lunch at BOG
Sunday 3/6: Lunch at Yak n Yeti and dinner at Yachtsman
Monday 3/7: Dinner at Il Mulino (at the S&D resort)
Tuesday 3/8: Dinner at 'Ohana
Wednesday 3/9: Lunch at Nine Dragons and dinner at Hoop de Doo
Thursday 3/10: Last day
clear.png

March 7 is AJ's birthday so he got to choose the restaurant. Originally we had a reservation for Via Napoli, which he loves, but he didn't seem to be overly excited about it this year. After going back and forth about whether to keep the reservation he finally asked if I had heard of Il Mulino. Turns out I did, I was just there a few months ago while while wedding dress shopping with my mom in the city and a couple of years ago down in Atlantic City for a bachelorette party. It's an amazing restaurant and now I cannot wait to eat at their location down in Disney!

Dinner at 'Ohana was not on the original list of restaurants, much to my chagrin as its my favorite. The last time we went AJ was not impressed, I kept trying to remind him it was the waitress that sucked not the food but he didn't want to hear it. After months of saying "Hey look, O'hana still has a few reservations open" he finally got the hint and told me to add it to the list-- point, Alex!

Enjoying O'hana and the Poly last trip
396352_764771889069_1727131782_n.jpg

394493_764772068709_1860300572_n.jpg

Lunch at Nine Dragons was also a last minute addition. I had randomly mentioned to AJ that this restaurant was still on my list of places we haven't tried yet, but I knew he wouldn't budge since he isn't a huge chinese food fan. But point, Alex! again because they released a special Chinese New Year pre-fixe menu and now he actually wants to go!

Last edited:

Lexi

Original Poster
Had a lovely package arrive in the mail yesterday
20160216_153207.jpg

20160216_153221.jpg

So here is a question for people with small wrists or children, any idea how to clean up the edges on the band? I had to remove the black portion since the band is too large for me but the edges are rough to say the least, I thought it would come off easier.

G00fyDad

Had a lovely package arrive in the mail yesterday
View attachment 130895
View attachment 130896
So here is a question for people with small wrists or children, any idea how to clean up the edges on the band? I had to remove the black portion since the band is too large for me but the edges are rough to say the least, I thought it would come off easier.

Extra fine sand paper. Or a nail file would work. Just work it gently.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom