Ducktales is returning!

champdisney

P.S. If you have a Wii U game system, check out the Ducktales Remastered game. It is a remastered version of the old NES game with modern graphics/animation. It also has the original voice cast doing the voice over dialog, and unlockable Ducktales original series art.

I purchased the game on me ol' PS3, it's quite the challenging game I must say. I'm excited that Disney has decided to bring back DuckTales. I've always clamored over the idea of a Launchpad McQuack feauture film that would bring the characters of DuckTales and Darkwing Duck together. It would make a pretty cool origin story of how Launchpad became both Drake and Scrooge's right hand man. Anyways, I'm hoping for the best with this revival!

Matt_Black

Bacon

DuckTales-Disney-XD-releases-teaser-art-for-reboot.jpg

Phroobar

Just finished Duck Tales - Remastered on the PS3. I enjoyed the game and all the original voice actors. Is it still true the new show doesn't have any of the original voice actors? I guess they could recast it since Alan Young died a couple of months ago.

Matt_Black

I think Tony Anselmo has been confirmed as Donald Duck (honestly it would be foolish NOT to use him). As far as Scrooge goes, I think they should try to get Billy Connolly.

SosoDude

So, what is everyones thoughts on the animation style that they are going with? I must confess that I don't care for the latest style Disney is using for the new Mickey shorts and was hoping for something different. That said, if the storylines are good, I will be able to look past the art style. I sure was hoping for something a little more rich like the Carl Barks comics though. Crossing my fingers that this does the original series justice! I will have to wait before I pass judgement.

SirLink

If those little pictures of the characters is going to be the art style colour me unimpressed. They should be using a higher budget version of the 90s not using the same art style from all recent Disney Chanel animation projects - which will date it quickly and make it unwatchable.

WhatJaneSays

If those little pictures of the characters is going to be the art style colour me unimpressed. They should be using a higher budget version of the 90s not using the same art style from all recent Disney Chanel animation projects - which will date it quickly and make it unwatchable.
This new design for DuckTales is very different than the style of the current Mickey Mouse shorts; which are sketchy, elastic, and have gone with an almost 1920/1930s animation design that is different that the "classic" Disney shorts of the same era.
MMshorts_DD.jpg

DuckTales is looking illustrated and dynamic. And that makes sense because they seem to be taking many cues from the works of Carl Barks in the 1940/1950s.
CarlBarks_DD.jpg

I can't make final judgement until we see some proper animation rather than stills, but if the design stays true to the bits we've seen it's going to look great.

SirLink

This new design for DuckTales is very different than the style of the current Mickey Mouse shorts; which are sketchy, elastic, and have gone with an almost 1920/1930s animation design that is different that the "classic" Disney shorts of the same era.
View attachment 180307

DuckTales is looking illustrated and dynamic. And that makes sense because they seem to be taking many cues from the works of Carl Barks in the 1940/1950s.
View attachment 180308

I can't make final judgement until we see some proper animation rather than stills, but if the design stays true to the bits we've seen it's going to look great.

Personally it has to look exactly like the 90s one stylistically, but more money added to the budget. It just will look weird overall if they actually look like the stills.

FettFan

I'm liking what I see so far. Totally geeked out over the new cast singing the theme song.

But...and this is a BIG but...
I want to know who will be voicing Fenton Crackshell, aka Gizmoduck.

Best character ever, especially when he's given the Duck Nuk'em treatment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom