DTD Hotels..

Alison1975

Original Poster
We MAY drive straight through and find ourselves in Orlando the afternoon before our Disney vacation actually begins. I do not want to make any overnight ressies because we really wont know until we either decide to drive straight through or decide not to. Will getting a room in a DTD ( for 5 of us) hotel be difficult on a walk up basis? I'm thinking Double Tree Suites because I know the 5 of us can stay in one room.

I would make a reservation that can be cancelled if you decide to stop before you get to Orlando. Also, I'd recommend the Springhill Suites in the Marriott Village. It's about 5 minutes outside of Downtown Disney just on the other side of I-4. I think it would be cheaper than the Doubletree. We've stayed there several times and liked it very much. Free parking, nice pool, free breakfast.

By the way, Alison, I read your last trip report and I faithfully read your updates to your PTR. Your humor, your love for your family and your love of life truly come through in your writing. I'm sure your upcoming trip will be fantastic.

Alison1975

Original Poster
I would make a reservation that can be cancelled if you decide to stop before you get to Orlando. Also, I'd recommend the Springhill Suites in the Marriott Village. It's about 5 minutes outside of Downtown Disney just on the other side of I-4. I think it would be cheaper than the Doubletree. We've stayed there several times and liked it very much. Free parking, nice pool, free breakfast.

By the way, Alison, I read your last trip report and I faithfully read your updates to your PTR. Your humor, your love for your family and your love of life truly come through in your writing. I'm sure your upcoming trip will be fantastic.
thank you for that info.. and thank you for the compliment :)

DisneyDebNJ

We MAY drive straight through and find ourselves in Orlando the afternoon before our Disney vacation actually begins. I do not want to make any overnight ressies because we really wont know until we either decide to drive straight through or decide not to. Will getting a room in a DTD ( for 5 of us) hotel be difficult on a walk up basis? I'm thinking Double Tree Suites because I know the 5 of us can stay in one room.
We actually stayed here for two nights and wasnt bad at all. This was a while ago, but its close to DTD and we actually enjoyed it. My son loved the game room

DisneyDebNJ

Good to know! I'm really easy going about that stuff so wherever we can find a room for 5 cheapest I'm game!
Alison, it was really nice, I had no complaints, and would have stayed for my entire vacation, but the Poly was calling my name. I do recommend it though. A major plus, is if you arrive early enough, you can always hit DTD for a pre Disney fix, which is exactly what I did.

DisneyDebNJ

Good to know! I'm really easy going about that stuff so wherever we can find a room for 5 cheapest I'm game!
An even cheaper option (which I have done 5 times in the past) was stay at Embassy Suites on Lake Buena Vista. (Ask for a Lanai room) A humungous breakfast is offered, free of charge, and worth every penny for a big family.

Alison1975

Original Poster
An even cheaper option (which I have done 5 times in the past) was stay at Embassy Suites on Lake Buena Vista. (Ask for a Lanai room) A humungous breakfast is offered, free of charge, and worth every penny for a big family.

another one I will put on my list..thank you!!

Alison1975

Original Poster
Alison, it was really nice, I had no complaints, and would have stayed for my entire vacation, but the Poly was calling my name. I do recommend it though. A major plus, is if you arrive early enough, you can always hit DTD for a pre Disney fix, which is exactly what I did.

:)

NiarrNDisney

Double Tree would be your best bet but just in case the newly revamped Holiday Inn may also be another option you might want to consider!

DisneyDebNJ

I still swear by embassy suites, we have stayed here, post disney trips, many times. Between the free breakfast the suites (yes suites) and the manager's reception became a must do for us

alissafalco

What's the difference between a Lanai room and atrium room?

alissafalco

If I didnt demand to stay at the Poly I would stay here the entire trip, its that wonderful

Thats so funny because we are staying at the Poly this trip sept 15-23!! I cant wait in 10 days!! But we cant afford to do that every time so I was looking into something else for our next trip. Thanks so much this place looks great!

DisneyDebNJ

Thats so funny because we are staying at the Poly this trip sept 15-23!! I cant wait in 10 days!! But we cant afford to do that every time so I was looking into something else for our next trip. Thanks so much this place looks great!
gotta love the Poly!!! But honestly, we did two trips a year, both deluxe resorts, and arrived early, stayed at embassy suites in buena vista and loved it, over 5 times. HIGHLY recommend it

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom