Drones may be used in Disney Parks in the future.

DManRightHere

I keep telling people, drones are gonna be very popular in the future. They're cost effective and (can potentially) replace working people. They think I'm crazy.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
They've been wanting to do something like this for Tinkerbell decades ago (1960) but could never figure out a safe and reliable flyer. I'm all for it! It sure beats the remote control helicopter idea they had in the mid-80s. Though anything is an improvement over the high-wire high-risk Tink of today.

Here's a JH article from 2012. It's been in the works for while.
http://jimhillmedia.com/editor_in_c...er-bell-drone-that-disneyland-almost-got.aspx

Last edited:

AndyS2992

Interesting. I think it is a good idea however the line where it states that they could replace the firework shows with projection shows is bit strange.

Mike S

Think of a more elaborate version of this but with multiple characters that fly! It would be really cool! This was from DL from several years ago...

Fast forward to 30 seconds

I just noticed the thing it's attached to. First time I saw video of that I had no idea how it was done.

BrianLo

The moment I saw the usage in Lotte World recently, I figured Disney couldn't be far behind. It's the natural progression of Pyro, Parades, Water Screens and Projection mapping for their "next great nighttime offering".

These are cool applications I hadn't even considered, I figured the most obvious would be a Tangled segment.

the_lights_by_alicexz-d3d4umy.jpg

mm121

this does seem pretty cool.

I'd say the area they plan to use it first would be for the animal kingdom rivers of light show

as they've never had a fireworks show there as there are animals on site that would be disturbed

also from what we know so far the show area of this show isn't over peoples heads, as I'm sure they wouldn't want to be flying drones directly over guests like would be the case if this was used as a replacement for the tinkerbell high wire, and most drones thus far are designed to primarily carry light weight objects

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom