Driving to WDW from airport - tolls

Marc Levin

Original Poster
Hi,

Visiting WDW from the UK next month and got a rental car booked (not a fan of Disney buses).

Only thing that bothers me, is will I need quarters or other coins for the tolls to WDW? I understand that some of them may be unmanned. The only money I can exchange here is for bills.

How do people handle this?

Nemo14

Hi,

Visiting WDW from the UK next month and got a rental car booked (not a fan of Disney buses).

Only thing that bothers me, is will I need quarters or other coins for the tolls to WDW? I understand that some of them may be unmanned. The only money I can exchange here is for bills.

Assuming you'll be taking 417 from the Orlando airport to WDW, you'll go through 2
tolls before the International Drive exit. Both are manned and can make change for you. I know that those 2 are $1.50 each.

Last edited:

WDWBigEd

In the Parks
Yes
Hi,

Some people activate the toll pass with the rental company and others pay cash.

There are two ways to reach Disney from OIA

528 (OIA 436 Semron Blvd to I-4) - $2.25

417 (OIA to International Drive) - $3.00

There is a toll calculator on the official express way website https://www.cfxway.com/for-travelers/#

Patcheslee

Some people activate the toll pass with the rental company and others pay cash.

There are two ways to reach Disney from OIA

528 (OIA 436 Semron Blvd to I-4) - $2.25

417 (OIA to International Drive) - $3.00

There is a toll calculator on the official express way website https://www.cfxway.com/for-travelers/#
Jusr read how much the tollpass is for a rental car. Even if you use it once your whole trip, most companies will charge every day, so a 1 time pass could end up costing you way more. Example Budget is $3.96/day convenience fee.

Marc Levin

Original Poster
So, as I found out the hard way, Exit 3 off whatever highway out is that's signposted for WDW from the airport is unmanned and exact change only if you haven't got the pass!

Hope that helps anybody else planning their trip.

Stageman

Unmanned and exact change toll booths are horrible. They could easily add a credit card tap-and-go reader. Sorry to hear you learned the hard way, but thanks for sharing.

Coming from outside the States as well, not sure how much change I'll have in hands. I don't really care about the 50 cents or 75 cents. It's the unmanned / exact change that I don't like.

In my prior trip, I used Exit 6. I will keep doing the same even if Google maps suggests using Exit 3 for my upcoming.

The toll calculator from CFX is not very good. It does not clearly say that Exit 3 has unmanned tolls.

Minthorne

If you are using apple maps or google maps on you phone just set the option to avoid tolls - takes about 10 minutes longer to drive over the surface roads but you pass places to shop and buy supplies etc. on your way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom