Driving From Daytona to Orlando

WDWDarling

Original Poster
Hi Everyone! My DH and I are planning on driving from Daytona to Orlando and I would really appreciate some advice on the best route.

GPS of course wants to take us I-4 but I'm worried about the traffic. We would be traveling on a Monday morning with MK opening at 8am that day. GPS is giving me a time of 1 hour, 20 minutes from our hotel to the MK parking lot. Tentatively planning on leaving at 5:30am which would theoretically put us in the MK parking lot around 7:00am (barring traffic of course).

So questions are: Is traffic bad 24/7? Would we somewhat miss it driving that early or are we hitting 6am work traffic? If so, any suggestions on the beat alternate route?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. I know there are other threads on the I-4 construction but I didn't want to hijack them with my specific question :).

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

Construction delays are more likely and also the most unpredictable. If you are willing to pay tolls, you could get onto FL 417 in Sanford and take that down to Walt Disney World. It loops around Orlando so it is physically longer but you're less likely to run into severe traffic.

Clamman73

Hi Everyone! My DH and I are planning on driving from Jacksonville to Orlando and I would really appreciate some advice on the best route.

GPS of course wants to take us I-4 but I'm worried about the traffic. We would be traveling on a Monday morning with MK opening at 8am that day. GPS is giving me a time of 1 hour, 20 minutes from our hotel to the MK parking lot. Tentatively planning on leaving at 5:30am which would theoretically put us in the MK parking lot around 7:00am (barring traffic of course).

So questions are: Is traffic bad 24/7? Would we somewhat miss it driving that early or are we hitting 6am work traffic? If so, any suggestions on the beat alternate route?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. I know there are other threads on the I-4 construction but I didn't want to hijack them with my specific question :).
A hour 20 minutes from Jacksonville???

patch553

we did Daytona to Disney in feb in just over an hour about that time in the morning, it was more of a problem going the other way in the morning took about 1.30 hours traffic around the amway centre was a nightmare

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom