Driving Down from NY

JasonP

Trying to get an idea of costs for tolls driving down to Florida from LI, NY. I haven't driven down there in years and cannot remember all the toll roads and whether or not they take EZ-Pass. Does anyone know of any good sites that have a "search" that can show you what tolls you will hit on a road trip?

You should be able to go onto the EZ-pass website and find a map on there. I know that the Florida Turnpike is not included on EZ pass but that ipass is, but if your headed south you should be able to use EZ pass from New York down through Virginia and maybe slightly south from there. Not sure on cost though. I know just driving from Philly to Maine once we paid $40 one way in tolls thanks to the bridge in New York but the website should say something to help you. Plan on around $8-10 in tolls on the Florida Turnpike. It may not be that much but I can't remember exactly and better to have more then less. :)

Upvote 0

JasonP

Original Poster
Yea I figured once we left NY we would be ok, NY and NJ can be a bit costly, although the NJ turnpike I think is like 4 bucks. Crossing the VZ from BK to SI is 10.66 right now with EZ-Pass. Crazyness!

Upvote 0

RKSteel

Here you go: Southbound NJTP exit 13 to 1 $9.10, Del Bridge $4, Newark Plaza $4, JFK Pkwy $8, Fort Mchenry Tunnel $4.
If you take the Capital Beltway (495) west, you can pick up HOV lanes, which depending on the time of day will continue onto 95S thru northern VA. The 495 toll was around $3, but I believe it varies based on traffic conditions.
After the new 95S HOV in VA there are no tolls.
All are EZ pass

Upvote 0

ArielLover

We drive from NH and EZ pass is covers us the whole way. Not sure why someone mentioned the Florida Turnpike as it is not in play if you take 95 to rte 4.. Not sure of the total cost though.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

I'm unaware of any "toll road" websites (although a Google search turned up lots of questions on lots of sites by people asking the very same question -- none seemed to be able to find one).

If you want some tools to estimate your gas costs, there's travelmath.com and drivetodisneyworld.com/

Upvote 0

Clamman73

Yea I figured once we left NY we would be ok, NY and NJ can be a bit costly, although the NJ turnpike I think is like 4 bucks. Crossing the VZ from BK to SI is 10.66 right now with EZ-Pass. Crazyness!
If I'm going through the city early morning on the weekend, I go through the midtown tunnel, cross the city on 34th, and go through the Lincoln. Cost wise, I think it's a little cheaper than Verrazano and Goethals and I don't have to deal with the crazy Belt Parkway.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom