drinking water?

Laurichi

I read somewhere that you can use your refillable mug with water in the parks.
What exactly does it mean?? Where do i get the water?
Thanks!

Weather_Lady

As LAKid53 mentioned, you can get free iced water, on request, at any CS location. (That's probably a more pleasant choice than the water fountains, if only because it will be so nice and cold.) In fact, in hot weather, even many of the table service restaurants will put out iced water self-serve stations in their vestibule or check-in area, from which anyone may partake. Either pour it into your refillable mug, or skip the mug altogether and just use the cups they give you.

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
As LAKid53 mentioned, you can get free iced water, on request, at any CS location. (That's probably a more pleasant choice than the water fountains, if only because it will be so nice and cold.) In fact, in hot weather, even many of the table service restaurants will put out iced water self-serve stations in their vestibule or check-in area, from which anyone may partake. Either pour it into your refillable mug, or skip the mug altogether and just use the cups they give you.
And most little kiosks with drinks (one that serves fountain drinks) or snacks you can get the ice water as well in addition to all the counter service restaurants. :)

Upvote 0

Rob562

If I'm not mistaken, a CM will not take a mug (or any other beverage container) and refill it due to health code/food service requirements. But you can definitely get free cups of water from counters, or use a drinking fountain or the Water button on a self-serve drink machine.

-Rob

Upvote 0

magicwand

My understanding is that you can only use a refillable mug at your resort. Yes, you can get cold water for free from any quick service place. What I do --- I go into the resort gift shop and by a carton of water and keep it in the room and then take some when I can go to any park. If I run out I just refill at the water fountain. I use flavor packets to make it taste better. You can also just get some ice if you want for free. I find the carton of water at the gift shop is usually about $6.00 or so. Considering you would spend a lot on bottled water inside the park it seems, at least to me, that I am saving money and I don't have to worry about the taste with the bottled water. JMHO.

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

Yep you cannot get them to fill your mug. They will give you the water in a cup and you can pour it in your mug. Forgot to clarify that in my first post. I mentioned to go where they sell fountain drinks only because they have a cup and the fountain station has a filtered water dispenser. Did not mention that to mean you can use your mug. We never bring our mugs to the parks because they cannot be filled there/are bulky, and we just use the cup they give if we want ice water etc. :)

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

One thing that irks the hubby and I is seeing people filling up with soda etc. what is clearly a resort mug (not the park mugs that are sold at each park) at places like Sunshine Seasons and others you fill your own drink. We see it ALL the time. Lol :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

s8film40

If I'm not mistaken, a CM will not take a mug (or any other beverage container) and refill it due to health code/food service requirements. But you can definitely get free cups of water from counters, or use a drinking fountain or the Water button on a self-serve drink machine.

-Rob
I thought they offered a refillable mug for sale. I know Universal definitely does so that would seem to render the "health code/food service requirement" excuse as a flat out lie.

Upvote 0

blueboxdoctor

I think you can get free water most anywhere in the country. Or I could be completely wrong on that, but I believe it is some sort of legal thing that water can't be denied. Though, I have also seen people take advantage of that (such as putting sprite in a cup with a lid on it then saying it's water to get it free, not cool). But yes, you should be able to get water from pretty much anywhere in WDW, unless you get the bottled water, then it will cost you money.

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

I think you can get free water most anywhere in the country. Or I could be completely wrong on that, but I believe it is some sort of legal thing that water can't be denied. Though, I have also seen people take advantage of that (such as putting sprite in a cup with a lid on it then saying it's water to get it free, not cool). But yes, you should be able to get water from pretty much anywhere in WDW, unless you get the bottled water, then it will cost you money.

Sadly outside of WDW some find a way around the whole charging for water. I have seen some places say well the water is free but if you want it you have to pay for the cup and/or ice. Granted it's not a lot of money but it's pretty sad. :cool:

Upvote 0

s8film40

Sadly outside of WDW some find a way around the whole charging for water. I have seen some places say well the water is free but if you want it you have to pay for the cup and/or ice. Granted it's not a lot of money but it's pretty sad. :cool:
I've never been anywhere that refused to offer water or tried to charge for it. Even the McDonald's in the bad area of town I've been to with the signs that say "no refills from previous visits" and "no loitering, limit your visit to 1 hour" offer free water. I have seen some small water cups though. Water is such a very basic courtesy I absolutely wouldn't do business with any restaurant that refused it.

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

I've never been anywhere that refused to offer water or tried to charge for it. Even the McDonald's in the bad area of town I've been to with the signs that say "no refills from previous visits" and "no loitering, limit your visit to 1 hour" offer free water. I have seen some small water cups though. Water is such a very basic courtesy I absolutely wouldn't do business with any restaurant that refused it.

They don't refuse the free water but charge up to .10 -.50 for the actual cup and/or ice. This was not a restaurant I think it was a store refreshment area or something like that a few times over the years I have seen this. :)

Upvote 0

s8film40

They don't refuse the free water but charge up to .10 -.50 for the actual cup and/or ice. This was not a restaurant I think it was a store refreshment area or something like that a few times over the years I have seen this. :)
That would be slightly more acceptable if not a restaurant, but still I take that as a sign of how they do business and how they would react to issues or other things you may need from them. You wouldn't have to tell me twice the water isn't free or or it will cost money for the cup, I would be out the door.

On another note I seem to remember hearing that restaurants offer free water to avoid some sort of requirement that they have a water fountain with the restrooms since they typically already have the means to give out water. I don't know that that's true though.

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

That would be slightly more acceptable if not a restaurant, but still I take that as a sign of how they do business and how they would react to issues or other things you may need from them. You wouldn't have to tell me twice the water isn't free or or it will cost money for the cup, I would be out the door.

On another note I seem to remember hearing that restaurants offer free water to avoid some sort of requirement that they have a water fountain with the restrooms since they typically already have the means to give out water. I don't know that that's true though.

Totally agree about not wanting to do business with a place like that. I'll keep my hard earned .10 or .50! Lol :bored:

Upvote 0

s8film40

Totally agree about not wanting to do business with a place like that. I'll keep my hard earned .10 or .50! Lol :bored:
Yeah, at that point it's not about the money. That's a sign of much bigger problems and I would just be happy that I was given a sign of how they conduct business.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom