Dressing in a pirate costume

tink66

Original Poster
I have been on two Disney cruises and have never dressed up for pirate night. But I was thinking this year I would since I got a pirate costume for this years Halloween!!! :)
Anyone (Adult) do this? I do not remember if many adults dressed when we went but I also did not go to Dinner pirate night last cruise and did not make it to the fireworks either.

lostpro9het

I have been on two Disney cruises and have never dressed up for pirate night. But I was thinking this year I would since I got a pirate costume for this years Halloween!!! :)
Anyone (Adult) do this? I do not remember if many adults dressed when we went but I also did not go to Dinner pirate night last cruise and did not make it to the fireworks either.
We just came back from a Dream trip and noticed that many adults were outfitted in pirate gear for the night. We, personally, opted out of the pirate fun and scheduled Palo on that night but we did get out in enough time to enjoy the fireworks which I would highly recommend you catch if you've never seen them. We probably arrived 15 minutes before they were to set the fireworks off and found some deck chairs on the top deck on the same side the fireworks were shot off to, starboard.

tink66

Original Poster
Cool!! I think it would be fun!!! I think Ill get my hubby a pirate hat and a patch and pack it and not show him until we get there and maybe after a few beers I can get him to wear them!!! lol lol

ginadee

I just got back. You must dress up. Its so much fun.

image.jpg

Much-Pixie-Dust

We dressed up in pirate wear. I personally love occasions where we can wear costumes. It's fun and takes me back to my childhood. Plus they are great pics for the annual Christmas card. :)

mammaminnie

We dress up for Pirate night as a family and have a blast!!! There are lots of adults dressing up, including those traveling without kids.

tink66

Original Poster
While we have not voyaged on a Disney ship yet, we did dress up on night for dinner on a Carnival Cruise. (Being from Tampa, we take our pirating seriously. Goggle "Gasparilla" if you don't know what I mean.)
ScreenShot2014-10-07at90540PM.png

ScreenShot2014-10-07at90623PM.png

ScreenShot2014-10-07at90750PM.png
Great costumes!!1 I just got a hat for my hubby and a costume for myself, I think its going to make it fun. :)

atrus79

Just to throw my two cents in ... I planned costumes for Pirate night, even though I am 'shy' too ... my wife is the outgoing one. Initially, we walked down to dinner and my wife said "Are we the only ones dressed up?" ... because in the hall few people we passed were dressed up. Once we got to the atrium, we saw A LOT of people dressed up and throughout the night, more and more people came out in costume. The pirate party up on deck was filled with costumed cruisers ... it was really a great time. As you can see by the below picture ... even Mickey gets dressed up :)
pirate.jpg

tink66

Original Poster
Just to throw my two cents in ... I planned costumes for Pirate night, even though I am 'shy' too ... my wife is the outgoing one. Initially, we walked down to dinner and my wife said "Are we the only ones dressed up?" ... because in the hall few people we passed were dressed up. Once we got to the atrium, we saw A LOT of people dressed up and throughout the night, more and more people came out in costume. The pirate party up on deck was filled with costumed cruisers ... it was really a great time. As you can see by the below picture ... even Mickey gets dressed up :)
View attachment 69605
I am getting more and more excited about Pirate night after seeing all these posts and pictures!!! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom