DreamWorks' Adventure Island Park

Brer Panther

Original Poster
It would be a lie to call DreamWorks Animation a stranger to the theme park business. After all, you can find Shrek 4D at all four of the Universal Studios theme parks around the globe. Universal Studios Singapore features a Madagascar boat ride as well.
But it was recently announced that there would be DreamWorks theme parks in New Jersey and Russia. So that gave me the idea to design a DreamWorks theme park on WDWMagic.com. So I started up a thread (which can be found here: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/dreamworks-theme-park-open-brainstorming.894011/) about the idea.

Here I shall be posting my idea for a park about DreamWorks' animated films: DreamWorks Adventure Park. We'll laugh, we'll cry, we'll probably throw up. It'll be a blast!
dreamworks-animation-films.png

Brer Panther

Original Poster
Sorry for not updating this in a while, guys... I've been having computer problems. I'm hoping this thread won't go down before it even gets started, hence my occasional posts. Hang in there!

Brer Panther

Original Poster
Sorry for not updating this in a while, guys... I've been having computer problems. I'm hoping this thread won't go down before it even gets started, hence my occasional posts. Hang in there!

Brer Panther

Original Poster
Okay, finally, after so long of waiting, I can upload the first section of the park!

The entrance to the park resembles the DreamWorks Animation studio in Glendale, California, with large hedges and eight topiaries of DreamWorks’ characters, such as Shrek, Alex the Lion, Po the Panda, Toothless, Dr. Cockroach, Megamind, Jack Frost, and Puss in Boots.
dreamworks1.jpg
As you pass by the turnstiles, you’re greeted by the DreamWorks Studio Store. This is the park’s equivalent to the Emporium on Main Street U.S.A., where you can choose from a selection of DreamWorks merchandise. You might want to grab a park map.

From here, you have three paths in front of you. One leads to the left side of the park, one the middle, and one the right. Let's follow the LEFT path, which leads to...

Shrek's Swamp
901-20-x-48.jpg
Shrek's Swamp is home to a family of ogres, plus a few characters from your favorite fairy tales who have set up shop here and refuse to leave. In fact, they seem to be turning it into a little outdoor shopping mall!

Feel free to go inside Shrek's House. Think of this attraction as sort of a parody of Mickey's House over in Disneyland. It also features one of the park's many meet-and-greet stations. In this case, you can meet Shrek and Donkey.

The main attraction here, of course, is Shrek's Swamp Splashdown. On this attraction, guests are recruited by townsfolk from a nearby village to find the horrible ogre that lives in the swamp. From there, we climb aboard small wooden rafts and go on a search for Shrek. You'll find yourself in Duloc, Far Far Away, the Fairy Godmother's Potion Factory, Merlin's House, and other locations from the Shrek films. Bring a towel. You WILL get wet!

shrek3-hi.jpg
Nearby, in a small cave that serves as Donkey's house, you can take a flight on the back of one of his and Dragon's bizarre mutant offspring, the Flying Dronkeys. Dumbo, eat your heart out!
latest
Also here is The Return of Farquaad, a clone of the 3D show found at every Universal Studios park around the world. The show, for those unaware, focuses on Lord Farqaaud, the villain of the first movie, coming back as a ghost and kidnapping Fiona, and now Shrek and Donkey must save her. The show exits out into Sticks, Straw, and Bricks, a gift shop owned by the Three Little Pigs that sells Shrek merchandise.
BB_vert_1_tcm13-5091.jpg
Are you hungry? You could go to Donkey’s Waffle Stand for some waffles, or perhaps a parfait. If you’re not hungry for waffles, Ogre Bites is home to several Shrek-themed snacks, such as “Bowls of Bugs” (Gummi bugs and crushed Oreos). Or, there’s the Three Bears Cottage, where you can dine on chicken fingers, fish and chips, sandwiches, porridge (of course) and other delectable delights. And for dessert? Head to Gingy’s Sweet Shop, where they’re baking up cookies, brownies, truffles, and more. Please do not question as to why a walking, talking cookie is the owner of a stand where cookies are sold to be eaten.
161920_18635077121_3519836_n.jpg
The final attraction in Shrek’s Swamp is Cat and Thief Chase, a dark ride starring Puss in Boots. On the ride, you help him fight banditos and steal the magic beans from the wicked Jack and Jill. Just a fair warning here… This ride SPINS. It’s basically this park’s equivalent to Roger Rabbit’s Car-Toon Spin.
2011_puss_in_boots_movie-wide.jpg

orlando678-

I like the ideas but I think the area should have another name as Shrek's Fairy tale land, Fantasy World of Shrek or something like that because I think you cover more than only his swamp. Very curious to see the rest!

Brer Panther

Original Poster
Moving on, the swamp grass and trees turn into jungle foilage as we arrive on the island of Madagascar. This area is, naturally, themed to the Madagascar movies.
310107.jpg
First, there’s The Crate Escape, a log flume attraction that takes you through the story of the first film. It’s pretty much a clone of the Universal Studios Singapore attraction; Madagascar: A Crate Adventure. The main difference? THIS version has DROPS!
Madagascar-A-Crate-Adventure.jpg
Next, you can make your way to Canopy Flyers. This is the park’s first big roller coaster. Seated in miniature, penguin-built versions of the plane that the animals used in an attempt to get off the island in the second movie, you are tasked by Skipper the penguin to take the planes for a test run to make sure that they’re safe. Were penguins meant to fly? Well, they weren’t meant to build things that DO… Located nearby is Madagascar Mercantile, a gift shop where you can buy some Madagascar merchandise.
DSC07727lr2-vi.jpg
Uh oh… Dave the Octopus, the villain of the 2014 spinoff movie Penguins of Madagascar, has arrived in Madagascar, and he plans on capturing us and spraying us with his bizarre Medusa Serum on Dave’s Tentacle Twister, a new, indoor twist of the classic Octopus ride. Can you escape the cruel cephalopod’s clutches?
Dave-300x265.png
If you’re hungry, stop by Casa Del Wild for some Asian favorites or Julien’s Jungle Hut for fresh fruit, Breakfast pastries, and churros.

tumblr_inline_nhjblj6yrm1r6b63l.jpg
But don’t leave just yet… The circus has set up shop on the island! Circus Zaragoza is an in-theater show featuring the Madagascar characters. Remember that scene from the third movie where everyone performs their acts to Katy Perry’s “Firework”? Imagine that, but one hundred and thirty eight times more extravagant.

Next up is Metrocity, an area themed to DreamWorks’ science-fiction movies (a la Tommorowland): Monsters vs. Aliens, Megamind, and Mr. Peabody and Sherman.

The biggest ride here is Monsters vs. Aliens, a shooter dark ride similar to the Buzz Lightyear attractions where guests become “Honorary Monsters” and take on a giant robot and an army of aliens.

Monsters-vs-Aliens-Wallpaper-monsters-vs-aliens-6228218-1280-1024.jpg
Megamind’s Lab is located right across the street. This 3D show focuses on the former supervillain showing off his laboratory to us. Trust me; it’s much better than it sounds. The show exits out into the Button of Doom Gift Shop, which boasts a selection of Megamind and Monsters vs. Aliens merchandise… And a smoothie stand.
megamind-gallery6_h_720.jpg
And finally, we have Peabody’s Improbable History, a simulator attraction where park-goers join Mr. Peabody and Sherman on a trip through time. Located next door is the Doghouse Diner, a buffet restaurant run by Mr. Peabody himself (hey, he’s a master chef, isn’t he?) and a Rocky and Bullwinkle-themed gift shop.

why-mr-peabody-and-sherman-was-the-most-underrated-film-of-the-year-a-great-film.jpeg
There is also an attraction here called Crood Awakening, an indoor roller coaster where riders are transported back in time to the era of The Croods. During the attraction, you’ll encounter many different animals not to be found in history books. I know the idea of cavemen in a science-fiction setting sounds odd, but I needed SOMEWHERE to put a Croods ride, and Disney considered putting Countdown to Extinction in Tommorowland.
banner.jpg
The back corner of the land is currently being saved for an attraction based on DreamWorks’ 2015 release, Home.

Last edited:

Brer Panther

Original Poster
Okay, let's move on to the last three areas of the park...

The Valley of Peace is up next, a peaceful valley that the Dragon Warrior, Master Shifu, and the Furious Five call home.
PalaceArena_4710744.jpg
As you make your way down the street, you’ll see shopkeepers trying to sell their wares. But you’re not here to shop: you’re here for Mr. Ping’s Noodle Palace, a Chinese restaurant where the Dragon Warrior works.
500px-MrPingMain.jpg

Also held here, in the Jade Palace, is the Furious Five Stunt Show, a stunt show starring the Furious Five. Pay attention, you might just learn something about kung fu. Or at least you would if the show wasn’t crashed by crocodile bandits. Also located in the Jade Palace is Valley of Peace Gifts, which has Kung Fu Panda merchandise.

FuriousFive.jpg
Dragon Warrior Rickshaws can also be found in the Valley of Peace, a small “Musical Express” attraction where guests ride rickshaws around the Pool of Sacred Tears (don’t wash your pits in the pool of sacred tears!).
KFP2009.jpg

Next, there’s Berk, themed to the How to Train Your Dragon movies.
isle-of-berk-2-school-of-dragons.jpg
The main attraction here? The Kingda Ka of the park, the Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster, the Incredible Hulk Coaster, the… Well, you get the idea. On the Flight of the Night Fury, riders climb aboard a large Night Fury and soar through the skies. Located near the attraction’s exit is the Dragon’s Den, which of course has lots of How to Train Your Dragon merchandise for you.
Toothless-how-to-train-your-dragon-32987271-800-600.jpg
The only other attraction located here is How to Train Your Dragon: The Musical, a live show based on the movie with extremely advanced audio-animatronic dragons. And songs. Quite a few songs, in fact. If you’re hungry, stop by the Terrible Terror Tavern, which is a steakhouse with enormous portions.
How-to-Train-Your-Dragon.jpg
And finally, we have the last area of the park… Guardians’ Hideaway. This is where such Guardians as Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, the Sandman, and Jack Frost hang out.
Rise-of-the-Guardians-2012.jpg
The main attraction here is one of the park’s biggest, Rise of the Guardians. Using the same technology as Universal’s Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man, here riders ride flying reindeer-pulled sleighs and join the Guardians in the battle against Pitch Black, the Boogeyman. The area also features a toy store, Santa’s Workshop, a Starbucks-esque coffee house, Sandman Sips, and a sweets shop, Easter Bunny Bounty.

And thus, we have finished the park... For now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom