Dreams Unlimited Travel

Disdude71

I am planning a solo trip to WDW next week, and staying at All Stars. I would like to squeeze in a day trip to Universal, but I do not have a car. I have seen many posts about options as to how to get there and back to Disney property. One option was Dreams Unlimited Travel. They seem to offer a great price for tix/transportation, but I am having trouble finding any real reviews on them and how they actually work. If any one has used them or has any information for me about them, I would greatly appreciate it. By the way, I really have been enjoying reading posts on this forum, I just joined and this is my first post!! :D

DisneyMusician2

Congrats and welcome to the boards! I've never used them, but someone else here might have. I've only done it on my own, but giving them a call or an email never hurts.

They are a CLIA member (checked, in good standing) and an Authorized Disney Planner, so chances are you'd be okay if you like the deal

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

If it is what I think it is, basically they just are packaging a MEARS bus ride with the Universal ticket.

From their website,
Transfer Schedule:
To Universal Orlando Resort: This service is available 24-hours a day except between the hours of 10:00am and 3:00pm. Pick-up time will be determined by calling Mears Transportation at 407-423-5566 at least 24-hours in advance to arrange your pick-up time from the hotel.

I believe you can buy the transfer yourself directly from MEARS, no idea if buying the two parts (ticket & bus) yourself is any less than just buying the combo from a TA.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
If it is what I think it is, basically they just are packaging a MEARS bus ride with the Universal ticket.

From their website,

I believe you can buy the transfer yourself directly from MEARS, no idea if buying the two parts (ticket & bus) yourself is any less than just buying the combo from a TA.
I am 99% sure that you are correct. While it was not something the agency I worked for specifically put together (it was done directly through Universal) the result is the same...US/IOA tickets and a ride from Mears for one price.

I sold a few of these and the reviews were a little mixed. The biggest con was having to deal with Mears schedule vs the freedom of coming and going as you please.

The package will do in a pinch if you are tight on funds or simply do not want to drive, but most would much rather have the freedom of a rental car for a little more cash.

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I am planning a solo trip to WDW next week, and staying at All Stars. I would like to squeeze in a day trip to Universal, but I do not have a car. I have seen many posts about options as to how to get there and back to Disney property. One option was Dreams Unlimited Travel. They seem to offer a great price for tix/transportation, but I am having trouble finding any real reviews on them and how they actually work. If any one has used them or has any information for me about them, I would greatly appreciate it. By the way, I really have been enjoying reading posts on this forum, I just joined and this is my first post!! :D

Welcome to WDWMagic! You are going to love it here!

@Master Yoda already answered your question but I also want to add that we do get an awful lot of clients that want to go to Universal for a day and many of them either will do a car rental for the day or use a car service to go back and forth also so you do have other options..Have a wonderful time!!

Pam

Upvote 0

CMouse

Not sure if you are still in need of information, but here's what I found out.
Like mentioned before, DreamsUnlimited is basically a Universal ticket + Mears Transportation for a good price. I emailed them about their services because I was really interested in booking with them, but unfortunately, their earliest pick-up time was about 1 hour before the parks opened, and we wanted to get there at least 30 minutes before that time. You can schedule at what time you want them to pick you up from the parks or you can call them at least two hours in advance to schedule a time. Their prices seemed like a good value deal but their schedule made planning a bit more difficult. We ended up choosing to take a cab to ensure we would get to the parks on time

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
This is actually something that any travel agency can book for their clients. As @Master Yoda mentioned above, the agency did not put this together, but it is something that any agency can do for their clients.

Pam

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

In November I did 1 day at Universal and IOA during my 10 day trip. I bought my tickets from Dreams Unlimited with the round trip transportation. It was great for what I needed. You call them the day before you plan on going to Uni/IOA, and they set up a pick up time. I was meeting my parents who were already staying at Universal, so I wanted to be picked up early around 7:30am. The driver called me when she was on her way, to let me know she had another pick up before me at Coronado Springs. She was on time. It was a van with just myself and another couple going to Universal. It was great and the driver was very friendly. I had to give her a round about pick up time for later. I actually did everything I wanted to do in both parks that day (Veterans Day), because they were so empty.. so being picked up at 4pm was no issue. The same driver picked me up and took me back to Riverside. It was a great experience.

Upvote 0

RyPat

I've heard quite a few people raving about being able to use Uber now to get to Universal. Haven't tried it myself yet, but at half the price of a Mears taxi i certainly will the next time i go to Universal (which sadly won't be this next trip :()

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom