Dream Category 08A Staterooms

ExtinctJenn

Original Poster
I've searched everywhere and am coming up blank. I am looking at the 08A Deluxe Family Stateroom with 2 Portholes and trying to find the sq. ft. Everywhere I look is providing the sq. ft. for the normal Deluxe Family Staterooms with only 1 Porthole where there is the curtain divider but I can tell from the phones that these mini-suites are significantly larger and have a wall separating the two parts of the room and thus would be more than the 241 sq. ft. listed. Anyone know what the actual sq. ft. of the mini-suites are? Maybe they are also 241 sq. ft. but it's the way it's laid out that makes it seem so much larger?

To help - this is the sort I'm talking about (not the small porthole one):
Disney-Dream-Stateroom-5522-4.jpg

Last edited:

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
They take the sqft of the smallest one in that category and advertise that IIRC. They are also not as deep as other rooms it visually looks bigger but is not that much larger in reality.

LSUmagic

I checked and they are the same sq. footage. 241. If you look at the deck plan for the dream you will notice @ScoutN is correct. The room is much shallower than the other categories so it is sideways.

sissa216

I've never been able to find the exact square footage- but I think it has to be larger. I just stayed in one. There's so much room to run around in circles- they're huge! I think that even being more shallow, in the end, the actual space is larger.

Just remember there is no split bath.

jme

I believe as others have said it is the same Sq Ft (241) but the different layout makes it "feel" bigger. Here's a video tour of the room and you can see how it "feels" more spacious but is definitely much more shallow

imahistorygeek

We’re cruising on the Dream in April 2016. I originally booked this trip on opening day with an 04C category, deluxe family stateroom with a verandah. On our last cruise in September 2015 we had a verandah and didn’t use it that much. It was just me and my DH on that trip. The April 2016 trip will be us and our daughter who will be 14.

About a month ago I was discussing the possibility of downgrading our category to an ocean view because I thought the verandah would be wasted. I looked into different categories and I thought this one with the 2 giant portholes would be best.

Our reasoning was that it looked like 2 separate rooms. I feel as though there’s more privacy with the wall in between the beds, plus there are two TVs. I realize there is no split bathroom, but we’re not worried about that.

Long story short, we rebooked with a lower fare and used the savings to add to our on-board credit account.

ToTBellHop

We’re cruising on the Dream in April 2016. I originally booked this trip on opening day with an 04C category, deluxe family stateroom with a verandah. On our last cruise in September 2015 we had a verandah and didn’t use it that much. It was just me and my DH on that trip. The April 2016 trip will be us and our daughter who will be 14.

About a month ago I was discussing the possibility of downgrading our category to an ocean view because I thought the verandah would be wasted. I looked into different categories and I thought this one with the 2 giant portholes would be best.

Our reasoning was that it looked like 2 separate rooms. I feel as though there’s more privacy with the wall in between the beds, plus there are two TVs. I realize there is no split bathroom, but we’re not worried about that.

Long story short, we rebooked with a lower fare and used the savings to add to our on-board credit account.
Be sure you have booked a room that actually has a dividing wall. It seems most of the 08As don't actually have that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom