Dream Along to close?

jrh1985

Rumors are going around that Dream Along with Mickey may close this summer.

With the increased amount of work coming to the hub it's highly likely the castle stage will be vacant.
Does this have anything to do with a new stage coming as part of the project? Or, the new rumor that FOF may go twice a day all summer? I knew DAWM closing was a possiblity if MK is getting a new stage but this summer?

jrh1985

Add to that, I wouldn't think DAWM would close if the castle stage is going untouched. Why would it close because of other work in the hub, unless they're moving the lighting and audio for the stage which I just thought of. Any chance of a FLE show coming?

midwest_mice

Add to that, I wouldn't think DAWM would close if the castle stage is going untouched. Why would it close because of other work in the hub, unless they're moving the lighting and audio for the stage which I just thought of. Any chance of a FLE show coming?
I believe after looking at pictures, the current sound/light towers are getting overhauled to look like turrets. But I think they could get around it by using temp speakers and not do a later show when they use the lights.

Atomicmickey

Well, that's one of those things that I knew would happen at some point. Entertainment does need refreshing, and with the hub being reconfigured it makes sense that there would be some time that they might not be able to pull it off. How many years has it been the same show?

That show is somewhat at the heart of my 'current phase' pixie dust addiction. (Which pales in comparison to my 1980's Epcot addiction, and even my 'Disney Decade' addiction,I have to add) When I took my kids to WDW for the first time, we got in early for a character breakfast, and walked out just as the first show of the day was starting. That show just blew my kids' minds, they loved it so much. Clear, warm, blue skies, happy kids, after walking right down the middle of Main Street, U.S.A. Doesn't get much better than that.

So, yeah, DAWM I'll miss you if it's time to move along. But I'll always have that memory.

The Visionary Soul

Close the show, tear down the fake gold archway crap that is leftover from Cinderellabration, tear down the entire stage and build a proper one that has a backstage area, and then reopen it with a new show at a later date, and create a more permanent backstage solution than random dividers in the castle.

Stupido

Ugh, my heart just broke a bit.

It makes complete sense with the castle turrets coming. I hope that TDO is also thinking of a better way to rework the breezeway. With all the construction happening in the hub, it makes sense that they'd try to divert any traffic and scrap the show.

Hopefully this is only temporary, or a new show is in the works.

Regardless I hope that I'll be able to dream along with Mickey one last time in June!

jrh1985

I know this is just a rumor that was posted this morning but, any chance this can wait until Jan?????? That way we won't have to wonder about MNSSHP and Celebrate the Season? Granted CTS may need replacing but, I rather know that something is the works for MVMCP and the end of the year than nothing at all.

doctornick

Close the show, tear down the fake gold archway crap that is leftover from Cinderellabration, tear down the entire stage and build a proper one that has a backstage area, and then reopen it with a new show at a later date, and create a more permanent backstage solution than random dividers in the castle.

Is there space to build a better stage in the area? One that hopefully doesn't cut off access to the castle throughout the day?

Personally, I'd like to see them just put a stage elsewhere in the park (hey, there's some vacant space near the CoP in Tomorrowland..... ;)) and have the Hub be more open/scenic.

Also, if they are getting rid of DAWM, any chance they are going to use the opportunity to bring Magic Map to WDW? Or a new show altogether?

Soarin' Over Pgh

Yes, THIS!

The design and colors of the stage and props are such an eyesore, plopped in front of the castle. I wish it blended better and looked like it's supposed to be there... versus being dumped in front of the centerpiece of the park.

That said, I thought the stage show itself was kinda cute. It added a nice kinetic energy to the hub, and with the hubs redesign, it'll be easier (hopefully) to walk around it without hitting a wall of people watching the show (and disrupting their views in the process).

The Visionary Soul

Is there space to build a better stage in the area? One that hopefully doesn't cut off access to the castle throughout the day?
Oh yes.

Personally, I'd like to see them just put a stage elsewhere in the park (hey, there's some vacant space near the CoP in Tomorrowland..... ;)) and have the Hub be more open/scenic.
Not gonna happen, the castle stage is too valuable for press events.

any chance they are going to use the opportunity to bring Magic Map to WDW?
Not a chance. Besides, Magical Map even uses rented set pieces. That show will never be cloned, and honestly, it's not all that good.

mm52200

Hopefully this means a new show will be coming sonnet than later. I do love DAWM but it's had a nice long run and it's time for a new show. However I hope this isn't something that turns into another cut...

KLinder7

I checked for March 30th and on through the Disney website and those dates are blacked out. Could the website not just be updated yet?

danv3

I know this is just a rumor that was posted this morning but, any chance this can wait until Jan?????? That way we won't have to wonder about MNSSHP and Celebrate the Season? Granted CTS may need replacing but, I rather know that something is the works for MVMCP and the end of the year than nothing at all.

I know I'll be sad if I don't hear "It's halloween-o-ween everybody!" this fall. :D

wdrive

If it gets replaced I'll be happy. It's too similar to Fantasmic (Mickey dreaming about stuff, Maleficent comes to try and take over and gets defeated), which cheapens it imo.

But if nothing replaces it and it's just another cut I'll be annoyed.

Next Big Thing

@drew81 do you think that there's a chance it get's replaced with a new show? I'm all for getting rid of DAWM if it means a new show is in the works. Can't stand that show anymore, it's long overstayed it's welcome.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom