DRC and Casting Center Question.

GIJohnK

Original Poster
Greetings!

I have a couple of questions to ask.

First I have an interview set up for mid month with the DRC(Reservation Center) in Orlando. What is the interview like? What is the current pay for them?

Also is it possible to transfer to another part of the company after a certain time period?

Second Questions is:

Anyone know if I were to walk in to the Casting Center would I be able to Apply and get an interview for a job there?
Only reason I ask is that I have years of Managerial Experience with Major Retail stores and I really want to do something in that aspect with Disney in the Parks?

Last but not least!

Does me being prior Service Military help out? I have seen that Disney is hiring Vets and I was curious if there was a different Process for that?

Thanks for any Help!

fugawe09

Can't answer what a DRC interview is like, but if I've heard the pay is in the neighborhood of $10/hr plus commission.

In most cases you can put in for a transfer to a different WDW hourly role after 6 months in the current role with a "clean record card" (minimal call-ins, no performance issues), but you take the pay rate of the position you are moving to (which could be a pay cut).

Occasionally you will see entry level management jobs posted, but they fill most of those positions with management interns turned permanent or through the Leadership Casting Call, where they periodically interview hourly employees to be considered for the pool of management candidates. If merchandise management is what you want to do, you might consider an hourly role in merchandise to get that exposure.

Disney does have the Heroes Work Here initiative with increased outreach to veterans. I don't think process is different but I think there is a place on the application to mark veteran status.

Don't bother walking into the Casting Center unless they are having one of the semi-annual career fairs or you have been called for an interview with a recruiter. They will just direct you to go find a computer, apply for the job you are interested in and wait for a call. Gone are the days where they take walk-ins and cast you on the spot. That said, sometimes when a recruiter is interviewing you for one role, they identify another role that might be a right fit and they ask if they can consider you for that one as well.

GIJohnK

Original Poster
Ok Thanks for that help.

I do have a interview for Monorail Driver as well I was thinking of scheduling the day before my DRC Interview.

Would that be a good or bad idea if I interview for two positions?

fugawe09

I don't think there are any rules against interviewing for more than one job. But those two jobs are different in just about every way. Are you equally interested and passionate about both?

GIJohnK

Original Poster
I actually am more passionate about the Sales job. I do that now though a company I work with on the side. I love it.

But I am also wanting to get my foot in the door with Disney. I know that they offer roles that may be better suited for you during the interview. I am just honestly wanting to get on with Disney and picked jobs that I would enjoy doing.

fugawe09

If you love sales, are comfortable with the call center environment, and realize that DRC is not at the main WDW property (sorry, no castle view), I would focus your efforts on that. Maybe schedule the monorail one for after? As I understand DRC interviews are pretty focused on DRC, so I wouldn't expect them offer up other roles at that particular interview.

You might consider giving a read to Scott Vedder's resume books, I think there is a Veterans Edition now. He's a higher-up in Casting who writes about this stuff. While you have already submitted your resume, it's good background material.

GIJohnK

Original Poster
I saw his bio on Linkedin. He is no long with the TWDC unfortunetly. I am going to call and set up an interview for after my DRC one.

I like to have back up plans.

Just out of curiosity do you know anything about the Culinary side of TWDC?

fugawe09

Scott Vedder is very much still with Disney.

Sorry, not an expert on culinary, other than knowing some of the food is delicious.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom