Downtown Disney Pleasure Island bus stop permanently closing

Cmdr_Crimson

This shall be interesting to see how it turns out considering how the Marketplace bus stop is Fairly smaller than the PI Stop...The factor here is how crowded that will be due to this...Their better off utilizing the West Side bus stop for backup.

mm121

This is crazy! its a super far walk from marketplace to the west side and the west side stays open later.

it would make sense to re open the west side bus stop and use both for the next 2 years until the construction is complete.

I realize they are trying to get this done as fast as possible, but just seems like they may be overdoing it a bit, and really have no regard for the guest experience at Downtown Disney during this transformation.

CDavid

The first question which comes to mind is why are they closing this now - what project(s) are getting underway in the next few months which require closing the Pleasure Island bus stop location? If even more parking lot is to be closed along with this, that's going to be a problem for certain.

Is the West Side bus facility even still sufficiently intact to serve as backup, as some have suggested?

JasonDeyoung

Well then, this should make for a hot mess lol. Should just make a temp stop at the west side just past la nouba. I remember way back, there use to be a bus stop there. Ah well

Bolt

The first question which comes to mind is why are they closing this now - what project(s) are getting underway in the next few months which require closing the Pleasure Island bus stop location? If even more parking lot is to be closed along with this, that's going to be a problem for certain.

Is the West Side bus facility even still sufficiently intact to serve as backup, as some have suggested?
They are about to start work on 'The Landing' which will go right over the Pleasure Island bus loop.

mm121

Is the west side bus stop being used for city busses? Google maps kind of implies that it is, just curious.

So if they can't use it they really should create a trolly from the marketplace to the west side.

I really dont understand why some type of connectivity between the marketplace and the westside other than the inefficient boats hasn't ever been available at downtown disney to begin with.

Cmdr_Crimson

Is the west side bus stop being used for city busses? Google maps kind of implies that it is, just curious.

So if they can't use it they really should create a trolly from the marketplace to the west side.

I really dont understand why some type of connectivity between the marketplace and the westside other than the inefficient boats hasn't ever been available at downtown disney to begin with.

Yes the West side bus stop is for City Busses..I thought at one point they did use it for the resorts...Anyone know??

CDavid

Yes the West side bus stop is for City Busses..I thought at one point they did use it for the resorts...Anyone know??

Yes, when the West Side first opened, the bus stop there was used by Walt Disney World buses. This gave them three stops to make in Downtown Disney, and sort of duplicated the P.I. stop. I can recall - even in summer - being the only people waiting at the West Side for a bus.

NiarrNDisney

So are they planning to use the Market Place bus stop as the "only" stop? Or will the land it sits on be used for backstage uses or future shop and restaurant space.

CDavid

I remember a long scorching walk to get to it...

Indeed. Unless you were coming out of Cirque perhaps, it was just as easy to walk to the Pleasure Island bus stop.

So are they planning to use the Market Place bus stop as the "only" stop? Or will the land it sits on be used for backstage uses or future shop and restaurant space.

Marketplace will be the only stop for the time being. Eventually it will close as well, to be replaced with one centrally located bus facility. As @Bolt noted above, the current site of the Pleasure Island stops is slated to become The Landing section of the development (though I wasn't expecting them to start this soon). I believe the Marketplace stops will also be home to 2-3 future shops.

Another reason I rent a car.

Given the amount of parking currently closed in Downtown Disney, I have to imagine the bus will remain more convenient, unless perhaps the West Side is your primary destination.

cabihler

i'm sorry this ROYALLY SUCKS..... especially weekend nights. and you are going to have ONE BUS DEPOT.... WHY?????? comeon Disney stop putting it to your guests. why not have 2 depots independent of each other, in other words one bus route from a resort to the marketplace and return and a totally separate route from the resort to PI & West Side. are you going to try and tell me that a family with small kids in strollers shopping most of the afternoon at the marketplace and then having dinner and a few drinks to relax are going to enjoy wheeling their kids all the way around to this SUPPOSEDLY BETTER ONE STOP DEPOT.... for the past several years Disney Management has been thinking WAY TOO MUCH like management types meaning corporate CEOs & COOs & CFOs and NOT LIKE Family Management. WAKE UP IDIOTS... if you off too many Family Management types they will start spending their vacation $$$$$ elsewhere and then it will be GOODBYE DISNEY CEOs, COOs & CFOs but then again i'm sure you have good separation packages already negotiated...

ToTBellHop

i'm sorry this ROYALLY SUCKS..... especially weekend nights. and you are going to have ONE BUS DEPOT.... WHY?????? comeon Disney stop putting it to your guests. why not have 2 depots independent of each other, in other words one bus route from a resort to the marketplace and return and a totally separate route from the resort to PI & West Side. are you going to try and tell me that a family with small kids in strollers shopping most of the afternoon at the marketplace and then having dinner and a few drinks to relax are going to enjoy wheeling their kids all the way around to this SUPPOSEDLY BETTER ONE STOP DEPOT.... for the past several years Disney Management has been thinking WAY TOO MUCH like management types meaning corporate CEOs & COOs & CFOs and NOT LIKE Family Management. WAKE UP IDIOTS... if you off too many Family Management types they will start spending their vacation $$$$$ elsewhere and then it will be GOODBYE DISNEY CEOs, COOs & CFOs but then again i'm sure you have good separation packages already negotiated...
Somehow those of us with kids manage much of the same at Epcot, which is bigger than DTD and only has one stop. One large, efficient, safe, centrally-located stop will be just fine and better than what we deal with at Epcot and DAK.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom