Downtown Disney Parking - How Will It Be in January?

danheaton

Original Poster
I've tried to ask this question elsewhere and heard crickets, so I'll try here to see if you have some advice.

We're going to Disney World for the last week in January. We're arriving on a Saturday, and I've thought about booking a dinner at Raglan Road. However, I have concerns with the parking situation and might just avoid it.

Do you know it any of the garages will be complete by that point? It isn't a super busy time, but I've still found the parking to be a challenge on weekends in January there in the past. Would it be better to just going during the week?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I've tried to ask this question elsewhere and heard crickets, so I'll try here to see if you have some advice.

We're going to Disney World for the last week in January. We're arriving on a Saturday, and I've thought about booking a dinner at Raglan Road. However, I have concerns with the parking situation and might just avoid it.

Do you know it any of the garages will be complete by that point? It isn't a super busy time, but I've still found the parking to be a challenge on weekends in January there in the past. Would it be better to just going during the week?
At least part of the first garage will be open in January.

Parking is not a problem if you use the Team Disney lot across the street. It is also very close to Raglan Road.

No need to avoid it.

danheaton

Original Poster
At least part of the first garage will be open in January.

Parking is not a problem if you use the Team Disney lot across the street. It is also very close to Raglan Road.

No need to avoid it.

Thanks for the info and the tip about the Team Disney lot! I've made an ADR for our first night, so we've got it set on that end.

danheaton

Original Poster
I'm bumping this post now that my trip is less than two weeks away. I asked on another site where is the best place to park for Raglan Road now that the new garage is open. I was told that the garage was closest but that it would be a madhouse on Saturday and to get there hours in advance. Is that accurate?

Also, I was told that the Team Disney lot shuttles aren't always running. Has anyone experienced that too?

I'm nervous about our 6:00 reservation on 1/24, so talk me off the ledge please.

Kosmo1986

I will actually be at WDW at that time too! I could be wrong but this is a slow time of year and the parking garage is now open. I don't foresee it being that big of an issue. I would say arrive at 5ish and you should have NO issues. You may have to do a bit of walking (maybe 10-15 minutes TOPS).

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I'm bumping this post now that my trip is less than two weeks away. I asked on another site where is the best place to park for Raglan Road now that the new garage is open. I was told that the garage was closest but that it would be a madhouse on Saturday and to get there hours in advance. Is that accurate?

Also, I was told that the Team Disney lot shuttles aren't always running. Has anyone experienced that too?

I'm nervous about our 6:00 reservation on 1/24, so talk me off the ledge please.

I will actually be at WDW at that time too! I could be wrong but this is a slow time of year and the parking garage is now open. I don't foresee it being that big of an issue. I would say arrive at 5ish and you should have NO issues. You may have to do a bit of walking (maybe 10-15 minutes TOPS).

Weekend evenings are the busiest, and although the West Side parking garage is now 4/5 open, all of the lots in the Marketplace are now closed to build the East Side garage. My advice would be to not try to time it to arrive and go straight to dinner. Allow some delay time, so if your reservation is at 6pm, plan to arrive in the area around 5pm. Visit Downtown Disney for a bit once you are parked before walking to Raglan for 6.

You should be OK to park in the garage, if not, over the street parking will be available, and it is a 15 min max walk, depending which lot you go to.

The shuttles do vary in operation. If it is busy enough that the parking garage is full, I would expect the shuttles to be in operation.

Another option is valet parking on the West Side, and also the parking lot behind La Nouba. Since the garage has opened many people now bypass this area.

I wouldn't stress about it. Raglan will more than likely accommodate you if you are late (or early). All of the restaurants understand the traffic issues in the area.

danheaton

Original Poster
I really appreciate the information. I've heard that Disney sent a note to hotel guests telling them not to drive because of it. That made me more nervous. Our plan is to go early and just walk around if there's extra time.

danheaton

Original Poster
Just saying a quick thanks for the advice. It ended up working out fine. There was a lot of walking involved since we parked in the lots by the West Side, but we made our reservation and had a good time.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Just saying a quick thanks for the advice. It ended up working out fine. There was a lot of walking involved since we parked in the lots by the West Side, but we made our reservation and had a good time.
Great! Glad you had a good time,

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom