Downtown Disney/Disney Springs Hotels

carpe_diem

Original Poster
Hi all. Just out of curiosity, are the hotels along Hotel Plaza Blvd considered on or off site considering they are on Disney property?

AndrewsJ

They are not Disney owned or operated. They are considered Good Neighbor Hotels. The Hilton used to offer Extra Magic Hours but no longer.

World_Showcase_Lover007

While they are technically on Disney property, I'm beginning to go with they are off-site because they don't use Disney transport and are not staffed by CMs. Like already mentioned above, the discontinuation of EMH by the Hilton Orlando-Lake Buena Vista kinda put the death knell into any consideration that these properties could be considered "on-site". About all you get is closer physical proximity to the parks and Disney Springs. But even that is arguable because of the traffic/red lights on Hotel Plaza Blvd.

Variable

Most of them along there are pretty old, and even though they are major branded the quality can be very poor.
I'd suggest trip advisor, or similar to read up on them. The prices tend to be higher than just "another street over" and the newer, better maintained properties are usually on that other street.

carpe_diem

Original Poster
Thanks for the responses, I was always confused with how these hotels were classed. I have had the opportunity to stay at a couple of them in the past, but that was way back at the beginning of the 90's (Grosvenor) and 00's (Courtyard ('01 &' 02)). I do remember that the prices were a little more pricier than average, I suppose due to the location but that was during the peak summer period. I have no idea what they're like now since rebranding or any of the others. So I guess I could say I was off site for those trips then.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom