Double Fastpass on Split Stay days?

Gomer

Original Poster
Ok, I did an pretty extensive search on this forum, but I'll be willing to take the heat if this already exists. :)

I have a split stay coming up in January. 4 days at VWL and 4 at AKL. I was told by the MDE support line that I will receive two invites for Magic Band/FP+ customization, one for each stay even though my park ticket is an annual pass that will extend over both stays. That I can understand.

But, I check out of VWL on 1/8 and check into AKL on the same day. Does that mean I will have double the FP+ options on that day since I will be on the record with two hotel reservations for my party? Or does Disney account for this and remove one set?

Just curious to see if anyone has come across this scenario yet.

dreamfinder

I do believe you can only have 1 active band on your account at any time. And your FP+ reservations are done by the ticket information, not the RFID media. So the same way that the MB and your KTTW would both open your hotel room, both the MBs would point to the same AP. So the FP+ entitlement really get tagged to your AP, and not the MB. If they are still testing however, all bets are off as you seem to be able to add a library card to a MB and get FP+ with it.

Gomer

Original Poster
I do believe you can only have 1 active band on your account at any time. And your FP+ reservations are done by the ticket information, not the RFID media. So the same way that the MB and your KTTW would both open your hotel room, both the MBs would point to the same AP. So the FP+ entitlement really get tagged to your AP, and not the MB. If they are still testing however, all bets are off as you seem to be able to add a library card to a MB and get FP+ with it.

Ok, that does make sense. The MB invites may be tied to my two separate reservations, but the FP+ is tied to my Annual Pass. Oh well, guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed and hope that the karma I earned from 6 months of calls to support to get mine and my families profiles set up and linked corretly will get me a glitch that gets me 8 FP+ reservations in one day.

Too bad that day I'm scheduled to go to DHS. Looks like I'd be going on Star Tours 4-5 times, so maybe I'll finally see something other than the Naboo ending. Silver linings....

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Ok, that does make sense. The MB invites may be tied to my two separate reservations, but the FP+ is tied to my Annual Pass. Oh well, guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed and hope that the karma I earned from 6 months of calls to support to get mine and my families profiles set up and linked corretly will get me a glitch that gets me 8 FP+ reservations in one day.

Too bad that day I'm scheduled to go to DHS. Looks like I'd be going on Star Tours 4-5 times, so maybe I'll finally see something other than the Naboo ending. Silver linings....
You will only have 3 FP+. I have two sets of MagicBands and they are both linked to my AP and I can only have 3 FP+ per day.

However, if the Fast Pass machines have not been removed by January, you may be able to use your paper AP and get paper fastpasses in addition to FP+. Worked for us.

Gomer

Original Poster
You will only have 3 FP+. I have two sets of MagicBands and they are both linked to my AP and I can only have 3 FP+ per day.

However, if the Fast Pass machines have not been removed by January, you may be able to use your paper AP and get paper fastpasses in addition to FP+. Worked for us.

Ahh, way to kill my dreams. :)

But really, thanks for the info. Guess it only makes sense. Too many people have split stays for that to be allowable to Disney.

Tom

Beta Return
I thought Magic Bands were supposed to be tied to an individual for the life of the band, once you got one. Is that not the case? Do you get one for each and every resort reservation you make?

I really thought that you got them once, and then since they're tied to your MDE account, they automatically became affiliated with any reservations you link to your account.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Yeah, I was very surprised when we were asked to order another set for our vacation next week when we already have bands from our August visit. Both bands are linked to my AP. I plan to see if I can use them interchangeably.

docdebbi

i have a one night reservation 10/19 and a separate reservation 10/20-10/26 and they sent us two sets of magic bands. you want the bad news? there is no information inside the box or anywhere on the box! i wasn't home the night the first ones arrived, so when i came home the next day, there were 4 boxes of bands, we have no idea which are for which day! guess they'll straighten it out for us at check in.

Tom

Beta Return
i have a one night reservation 10/19 and a separate reservation 10/20-10/26 and they sent us two sets of magic bands. you want the bad news? there is no information inside the box or anywhere on the box! i wasn't home the night the first ones arrived, so when i came home the next day, there were 4 boxes of bands, we have no idea which are for which day! guess they'll straighten it out for us at check in.

Definitely a flaw in the system that they need to resolve. Split stays are very common.

Rob562

Theoretically, all Bands associated with your account should be able to work interchangeably. They're just a pointer to your MDE profile. I haven't heard a definitive answer on whether you can have multiple Bands active on your profile at one time, but you can switch them from the website or via the phone app. So if you were to go on vacation with all of them, switching to the active Band you decided to wear that day should (theoretically) only take a few moments.

The one aspect I'm *not* 100% sure about though is room keys. I'm not sure how they tie into your Bands and if you can have multiple ones active.

So getting a new Band for each new hotel reservation allows you to get a new color Band.

-Rob

Gomer

Original Poster
Theoretically, all Bands associated with your account should be able to work interchangeably. They're just a pointer to your MDE profile. I haven't heard a definitive answer on whether you can have multiple Bands active on your profile at one time, but you can switch them from the website or via the phone app. So if you were to go on vacation with all of them, switching to the active Band you decided to wear that day should (theoretically) only take a few moments.

So getting a new Band for each new hotel reservation isn't a huge deal. It just allows you to get a new color Band.

-Rob

Does seem like a waste though. Besides the physical waste of plastic, Disney is wasting money and resources shipping, producing, and assigning these. It's one corner I'd be in favor of them cutting. Seems unnecessary.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom