Trip Report Double Double Dip Trip June 2017 (Completed!)

Hello all and welcome to my trip report. My husband, Brad, and I just got back from a WDW trip and a Disney cruise on the Dream. Why am I calling it a double double dip? Well, we checked in and out of WDW twice, our cruise was a double dip (2 stops at Castaway Cay), and we had 2 birthdays to celebrate. So sit back and relax and enjoy my trip report.

Dates of vacation: June 18 to July 1

Resort: Pop Century (both times)

Cruise: Disney Dream

Travelers: Me (Amy) and my husband (Brad)

I'm tagging a few people that have followed my past reports. If I missed you, sorry, but please follow anyway. If you are new, welcome. And if I tagged you and you don't want to read, no problem! :)

@figmentfan423 @MinnieM123 @Cesar R M @donaldtoo @MySmallWorldof4 @MOXOMUMD @JenniferS @PacNWTigger @Tuvalu @Gabe1 @betty rose @Songbird76 @sheriffwoody @bee @blgauger @BuddyThomas @fractal @93boomer @MouseDreaming @Wrangler-Rick @PUSH @Mr Ferret 88 @amjt660 @Minnesota disney fan

June 18: Our first day of vacation was not a Disney day. We live near Minneapolis (about 1 hour 15 min from the airport) and we decided to spend the night before at a hotel so we didn't have to get up so early. When my husband got home from work around noon we headed over to Minneapolis and went to one of our favorite spots, the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum. We go here a lot and I was hoping to catch the peonies in full bloom but we missed the full bloom by about 4 days. That was disappointing as it is my favorite flower, but there were still some peonies and the roses were blooming nicely. We had a nice time walking around, and a local symphony was giving a concert so we listened to that for a bit. Hubby was pleased when they played a Star Wars medley. So here are some pictures.

The peony walk, as you can see not in full bloom.
IMG_8650.JPG

Some of the roses.
IMG_8653.JPG

IMG_8656.JPG

IMG_8661.JPG

IMG_8665.JPG

The Arboretum often has changing botanical displays and so for these might be my favorite. It is a kaleidoscope and the bowl with the flowers spins, it is fun to look through.
IMG_8666.JPG

IMG_8667.JPG

After the Arboretum we headed to the Mall of America and did the Flying over America attraction since I had a 50% coupon. It is a take on Disney's Soarin. We had done the America version here before and they were running a limited showing of Flying over Canada so we opted for that. It was fine but no Disney. Although the seats at the Mall of America version are more comfortable.

Dinner that night was a the Hard Rock Cafe, we hadn't eaten at a Hard Rock in years. Neither of us could make a decision about where to eat so we settled on this since it was a few steps away from the exit of Flying over America. Now when I say settled, that soon changed when we started eating our burgers, hubs got a special Memphis burger and I had a Guinness burger. We both had herbed fries. And the meal was fantastic. Sorry no food pics of this, perhaps on another visit.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Back to the Pop bus stop.
View attachment 222209
At the Pop, hubs was looking for a luggage strap for his bag, he was having luggage issues. I didn't remember what he was looking for at the time, perhaps he didn't tell me or I didn't listen and I wandered off. He didn't find one but bought some medical tape to tape up his bag. That's when he found me looking at the trivia board. He told me he was unable to find a luggage strap, and had bought tape. I was like what do you mean you couldn't find a luggage strap, they are right here. I walked about two feet away and showed him the straps. He admitted he hadn't looked over there and I told him to return the tape and buy the strap. He did buy the strap but kept the tape, he thought it would be good to have in his bag. I was a little peeved because I had a roll of the same tape in my bag. Whatever, it was his money he was wasting.:rolleyes::)

The trivia board...I got all the questions correct
View attachment 222210
View attachment 222211
So we walked back to the room for a quick nap.
View attachment 222212
We felt a couple drips as we headed back and once we were in the room it started to storm when we woke up it was still storming.
After our nap and back to the bus stop, thank goodness for the overhangs! The lightning was crazy too!
View attachment 222213

View attachment 222214

View attachment 222215
Off we went we were headed back to Epcot to make a connection to a resort. Why Epcot? I think we were hoping to ride the monorail. Needless to say the monorail was down and we had to take a bus to the TTC.
The Tangled questions were a bit on the easy side LOL

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
That's cool that you saw your tablemate again. We have also meet up with tablemates of ours from a previous cruise and may do so again next month.

Our tablemates were pretty fun people. I'm glad she came over and said hi to us at the airport. And it was fun to run into her again in California.

Another awesome trip in the bag! Looking forward to hearing more about your D23 experience!

So that's it folks! At least for this trip. A few weeks after this we headed to California and the D23 Expo, so I'll start that report soon. But thanks for following along and all the feedback! You folks are the BEST!:)

YAY! I was hoping we'd hear about your D23 experience!![/QUOTE]

I'm going to have to speed up my reports a little, the start of the school year is fast approaching....:jawdrop::arghh:

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
That's cool that you saw your tablemate again. We have also meet up with tablemates of ours from a previous cruise and may do so again next month.

The one cruise I've been on, two of my table mates were on their honeymoon. We're still friends almost a decade later. They've got three kids now and one on the way. It's so funny to think that we literally met on a cruise!

Songbird76

I told him about all of you people who have agreed with me and he still claims it was a tie. He knows I stink at sports and he is good at golf so the couple times I have beaten him at mini-golf he hates it. I don't think he will ever concede defeat to this.
Well, at least YOU know the truth, and we all know you won...he can have his delusion, but it doesn't make him right.

mrp4352

Don't let seafood hold you back from Remy! I don't like seafood either (well, except for popcorn shrimp!) and when I spoke with the server, he helped me put together an amazing meal. It was absolutely one of the highlights of the cruise! I was so spoiled during that meal!

Here are some pictures from Brad's Art of the Ship tour. He said a lot of time was spent in Remy, one of the extra charge restaurants on the ship. We have not eaten at Remy mostly because I'm kind of a picky eater, especially in terms of seafood/fish as I will not eat it. And Remy seems to have a lot on its menu.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom