Trip Report Double Birthdays & A WDW First Timer!

Hi everyone! :):)

I hope everyone is enjoying the holidays!
I wish reading and writing trip reports could be my full time job because I am SOOOOO far behind on everything:banghead:
But while I catch up on everyone else’s reports – I wanted to start on my latest. Every trip I’ve gotten to take this year has been so different than any of the others and this was no exception. It also could have been renamed the “I’ve never laughed so hard in my life trip”

This time I went with two of my coworkers (and best friends) who share a birthday weekend. Max & Mel. Also joining us was our friend Lindsey who is a fellow Disney lover and had been begging to join on one of my trips for a while – this trip would be the perfect fit.

(Lindsey, Max, Mickey:), Mel, Me)

For a little background – Max has never been to Disney. He also had no intentions of going, but one day early in the year, Mel and I were saying we need to plan something fun since both their birthdays are on a weekend this year. Disney was a suggestion and Max was surprisingly onboard! I knew they’d especially like it after hearing me talk about Food and Wine for the last few years, and we’d catch the Christmas decorations! Max can be a bit difficult, we work together every morning and bicker like brother and sister nonstop. He also makes me laugh harder than anyone. But travelling with him can be a whole other obstacle as we’ve learned on many other trips together. Mel and I had been so excited about the trip, it was the night before when we were finishing our packing and questioning what we got ourselves into. But we would make the best of any issues that came up, and he would be outnumbered between Mel, Lindsey and I ;)

Mel grew up about an hour from Orlando so had frequently visited Disney, but usually just for the day and running around hitting the big rides, so this would be a totally different trip for her!

Lindsey was there last new years (I can’t imagine). We don’t see each other that often so it was going to be fun to spend quality time together in our favorite place!

FRIDAY – NOVEMBER 11th
I had to work in the morning, and met everyone at the airport after. We were off with no problems and soon arriving home! :D

We were staying at Pop Century, so we quickly dropped our stuff, changed and hopped on a bus to Magic Kingdom.

Festival of Fantasy was running at 5:00 this day since they had been taping for the Christmas special. I had been trying to figure out all afternoon if we’d make it in time to watch, and it lined up perfectly that the parade was starting as we arrived to the park! We grabbed a spot near the end of the route and had a blast watching. It was the PERFECT thing to start our vacation and the perfect way to welcome Max to Disney World. He was so impressed.

samantha788

Original Poster
There was about a half hour until Once Upon A Time was starting so we didn’t really have enough time to do something in between, so just staked out a spot.
The show was good! It’s always so much to take in seeing it for the first time so I can’t wait to see it again! But the music and different scenes were fun and more fireworks definitely enhanced it!

[

[

After the show we had fastpasses for the mine train! LOVE this one.

samantha788

Original Poster
The waits for the princesses were down so Lindsey and I decided to go. It was so fun, but oh my goodness- we look ROUGH:eek::eek:hahaha. We were tired; it was kind of drizzly and cloudy all day so no help on the hair. Can’t help but laugh looking at these:p

We had time for one more ride so ran over to Peter Pan! I think the wait said 40 minutes and we probably waited 10. I hadn’t been through the queue since it was redone and the interactive parts were SO COOL! We had a lot of fun playing around with it.

When we got off the park was officially closed. We took our time moseying out of the park. Stopping in and out of shops and catching the kiss goodnight.

samantha788

Original Poster

Max went to get tea while the three of us shopped some more. He didn’t see us waiting outside and went and sat underneath the Christmas tree with his tea haha. We couldn’t stop laughing but it was cute.

Cloudy supermoon night two!

We then headed out of the park, packed all of our stuff and went to bed. Mel and Lindsey had an early morning to get a flight back and go straight to work. Max and I both left a bit later and with that another trip was over:cry::cry:

samantha788

Original Poster
This was really one of the most fun and funniest trips i've had. I keep saying that and I hope it came through in the report :) Just thinking about the trip, everything we did, the memories, jokes & stories that will last a lifetime makes me laugh and so happy.

I was nervous because of Max, and because Lindsey hadn't spent that much time with the group before. I was so thankful she fit right in and Max behaved most of the time:rolleyes:

Max had lots of great takeaways from his first visit and while I don't know if he'll be back any time soon, I know he had a great time. He was impressed by every little detail and stated several times how amazing it was that everything is so clean. And by far, Beauty & The Beast Live on Stage was his favorite thing :)

We even had a little reunion this past weekend and laughed just as hard as when we were in Disney!

And I hope you're not too tired of castle pictures because I leave for Disney TOMORROW!!
This was a relatively last minute trip, but I am SO excited because i'm going with my mom, aunt, cousin and cousins two kids (4 & 6)!
The last time we went, the kids were 1 and 3 so this will be a much different experience for all of us! This was in Sept. 2013 at the halloween party :)

Thank you all for reading once again!! Stay tuned for another report very soon :)
I'll leave you for now with the best of Max's ride photos:D

Last edited:

blreinsel

Isn't it funny how you look at yourself and think, "wow I look terrible." To me, you looked fine and I wouldn't have even noticed your hair looking "rough" if you hadn't said something about it. But I do the same exact thing.. I guess you're your own worst critic. :)

So happy Max chose Beauty and the Beast as his favorite.. but I mean, who wouldn't!? ;)

samantha788

Original Poster
Isn't it funny how you look at yourself and think, "wow I look terrible." To me, you looked fine and I wouldn't have even noticed your hair looking "rough" if you hadn't said something about it. But I do the same exact thing.. I guess you're your own worst critic. :)

So happy Max chose Beauty and the Beast as his favorite.. but I mean, who wouldn't!? ;)
Thank you for saying that! We saw those pictures and were like oh goodness:eek:Hahaha
totally agree about max and beauty and the beast!!

This was such a fun report! I thoroughly enjoyed it, and Max's face in the everest candid picture and the ToT ride photo are legit the best ever.

Thanks for putting this together! It was so entertaining :D
Thank you for following along! It was so much fun to write and I am SO GLAD you can appreciate those Max faces too :D:p

LisaBelle

As always, I loved your report. So glad that you all had such a great time. While I LOVE the planning, it is nerve racking to plan for a group that hasn't traveled together before and includes a Disney newbie. You did a great job and it is evident in the faces of the group when we look at your photos. Speaking of photos, your photos are fabulous!! I especially love the photos of the castle during Wishes. Your photos really have a way of transporting me right into the moment. Thanks so much for sharing your trip with us.

prfctlyximprct

Max's ride photo collage has me cracking up! What great first memories! I swear, I am constantly comparing every trip to that "first time" so I am glad he had a wonderful one! :) There's nothing quite like your first experience with Disney. I still remember it like yesterday! That first view of the castle, pictures and TV shows never do it justice! However, I didn't see your pictures way back then ;)

Thank you again for all those lovely photos! I have goosebumps. You can truly capture the feelings of Disney in your pictures. The magic is screaming right out to me! I must get back there! Can I come with you?!

AuburnBelle919

Such a great trip report-I love seeing Disney through the expressions of a first timer! The pictures are amazing as always-especially the safari and the Fantasy Faire. So much detail! I can't believe you are back at Disney again-so jealous! If I go longer than a month or two I feel like I am going through withdrawals!

samantha788

Original Poster
Loved all the castle pictures, every time I watch the show's it never gets old and I could stare at the all the changes for ever. Glad you had an awesome time!
Thank you so much!!

As always, I loved your report. So glad that you all had such a great time. While I LOVE the planning, it is nerve racking to plan for a group that hasn't traveled together before and includes a Disney newbie. You did a great job and it is evident in the faces of the group when we look at your photos. Speaking of photos, your photos are fabulous!! I especially love the photos of the castle during Wishes. Your photos really have a way of transporting me right into the moment. Thanks so much for sharing your trip with us.
Thank you, Lisa! Such a nice compliment about the photos and planning. It's so much fun for me to plan, but then when everything is happening and everyone is loving the plans - it's such a great feeling!

Max's ride photo collage has me cracking up! What great first memories! I swear, I am constantly comparing every trip to that "first time" so I am glad he had a wonderful one! :) There's nothing quite like your first experience with Disney. I still remember it like yesterday! That first view of the castle, pictures and TV shows never do it justice! However, I didn't see your pictures way back then ;)

Thank you again for all those lovely photos! I have goosebumps. You can truly capture the feelings of Disney in your pictures. The magic is screaming right out to me! I must get back there! Can I come with you?!
Hahaha, whenever I need a laugh, I look at those Max photos :D I LOVE that you can feel all the Disney feelings and magic through the photos- that's special!! :) AND YES! Come with me!! (even though i'm back now:cry: next time! haha)

It looks like you had a blast, thanks for all of the pictures! Definitely will be looking into getting a camera like that for my trip.
Yay!! You will love it!
Thank you for reading!

Loved your report. Your pictures were fantastic. Looking forward to hearing about your next trip (which is already under way)!!!!! Thanks for sharing.
Thank you!!! Next report coming soon! ;)

Such a great trip report-I love seeing Disney through the expressions of a first timer! The pictures are amazing as always-especially the safari and the Fantasy Faire. So much detail! I can't believe you are back at Disney again-so jealous! If I go longer than a month or two I feel like I am going through withdrawals!
Going with a first timer was something I haven't done in a while and it was SO much fun. Thank you for reading and the compliments!:joyfull:

My favorite TR of yours yet! So much fun :D
Yay! Thank you!! It really was so fun, i'm glad it came through that way!

Doc Disney

The whole time i'm figuring how I’m going to check into my southwest flight because there was a good chance I would hit that 24 hour mark when we are on the ride, and what if I didn’t have service?!

This is why I suck it up and buy early bird check -in, because 100% I would forget to check in haha
Can't wait to hear about your last trip! I don't know how I got so far behind on this one but it looked like so much fun! I loved your Character Spot photos :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom