Trip Report Double Birthdays & A WDW First Timer!

Hi everyone! :):)

I hope everyone is enjoying the holidays!
I wish reading and writing trip reports could be my full time job because I am SOOOOO far behind on everything:banghead:
But while I catch up on everyone else’s reports – I wanted to start on my latest. Every trip I’ve gotten to take this year has been so different than any of the others and this was no exception. It also could have been renamed the “I’ve never laughed so hard in my life trip”

This time I went with two of my coworkers (and best friends) who share a birthday weekend. Max & Mel. Also joining us was our friend Lindsey who is a fellow Disney lover and had been begging to join on one of my trips for a while – this trip would be the perfect fit.

(Lindsey, Max, Mickey:), Mel, Me)

For a little background – Max has never been to Disney. He also had no intentions of going, but one day early in the year, Mel and I were saying we need to plan something fun since both their birthdays are on a weekend this year. Disney was a suggestion and Max was surprisingly onboard! I knew they’d especially like it after hearing me talk about Food and Wine for the last few years, and we’d catch the Christmas decorations! Max can be a bit difficult, we work together every morning and bicker like brother and sister nonstop. He also makes me laugh harder than anyone. But travelling with him can be a whole other obstacle as we’ve learned on many other trips together. Mel and I had been so excited about the trip, it was the night before when we were finishing our packing and questioning what we got ourselves into. But we would make the best of any issues that came up, and he would be outnumbered between Mel, Lindsey and I ;)

Mel grew up about an hour from Orlando so had frequently visited Disney, but usually just for the day and running around hitting the big rides, so this would be a totally different trip for her!

Lindsey was there last new years (I can’t imagine). We don’t see each other that often so it was going to be fun to spend quality time together in our favorite place!

FRIDAY – NOVEMBER 11th
I had to work in the morning, and met everyone at the airport after. We were off with no problems and soon arriving home! :D

We were staying at Pop Century, so we quickly dropped our stuff, changed and hopped on a bus to Magic Kingdom.

Festival of Fantasy was running at 5:00 this day since they had been taping for the Christmas special. I had been trying to figure out all afternoon if we’d make it in time to watch, and it lined up perfectly that the parade was starting as we arrived to the park! We grabbed a spot near the end of the route and had a blast watching. It was the PERFECT thing to start our vacation and the perfect way to welcome Max to Disney World. He was so impressed.

samantha788

Original Poster

samantha788

Original Poster
We were all starving after by this point and it was right around noon so everywhere was crazy. I made the decision to go to Columbia Harbor House because I love it haha, but also because it’s the perfect food for everyone else too.There was a long line to get in but it moved really fast. While waiting one of the cast members came over to Mel and sang “When You Wish Upon a Star.” It was so cute!:joyfull:

After lunch we walked over to Haunted Mansion. I think the wait was about 30 minutes. The whole time i'm figuring how I’m going to check into my southwest flight because there was a good chance I would hit that 24 hour mark when we are on the ride, and what if I didn’t have service?! Haha. It turned out that right as we were walking onto our doombuggies, the ride stopped for a couple minutes, and that’s where I was when it was check in time:) PHEW!

Waits for everything were pretty long and looking at our fp’s I was able to change something to pirates right then which worked out perfect. Lindsey and Mel loved their churros haha.

Pirates was very fun! We then walked back through fantasyland and Lindsey and I had been watching the times for the princesses, which also was crazy all day.

Cinderella was posted at 75, but there was hardly anyone in line. Rapunzel said 35 but was backed up outside. We decided to trust the sign and go for Rapunzel. After a half hour and hardly moving we bailed. The wait times were eventually updated and I think Rapunzel was at 120 or something? :eek: Cinderella’s was still posted longer than it probably was.

We met back up with Max and Mel and decided to go to Philarmagic. While waiting, Max posed as the poster adult for Walt Disney World with his ears, button and glasses haha. Everyone enjoyed the show!

Lindsey wanted to walk over to the big top souvenir shop, so I suggested they go there and I’d go get us spots for Mickey’s Royal Friendship Faire. I was NOT missing that! I was also hoping I could hurry and catch some of the parade, which didn’t happen but I was close.

These pictures of them are so cute!

samantha788

Original Poster
While I was waiting, I called my mom to talk for a few when Princess Elena of Avalor’s Royal Welcome started. I TOTALLY forgot about this while we were there even though I had looked at times etc when planning. The conversation with my mom quickly ended with something like “mom, gotta go, Cinderella is coming, they’re doing a little show” she was laughing, I then snapchatted her a bunch of the show.:rolleyes:
It was SO nice to see Cinderella back up on the stage in front of her castle. The show was cute, short & sweet. I’m happy I was able to catch it!

LeighM

Loved your trip report. I also wish I had friends to go to WDW with so my husband could get a break lol. But all of the friends I would like to go with have young children so it's impossible. And my husband actually teared up too the first time he had the 'Ohana bread pudding. I was like "are you crying???" Then he said I messed up the moment by speaking LOL.

samantha788

Original Poster
What a fun report! Great photos - I only wish my family would like to pose like you guys do. It's like fricken pulling teeth.

Looking forward to more!
Thank you so much! We love the funny photos, which seem to happen without trying haha:D

Once again, great pictures!!!!
THANK YOU! :) :)

Loved your trip report. I also wish I had friends to go to WDW with so my husband could get a break lol. But all of the friends I would like to go with have young children so it's impossible. And my husband actually teared up too the first time he had the 'Ohana bread pudding. I was like "are you crying???" Then he said I messed up the moment by speaking LOL.
HAH! What a great bread pudding story!

Your pictures make me feel like I am there. :) Thank you :inlove:
I'm glad!!:joyfull::joyfull:

Oh my gosh.. The CM kissing her hands! I can't deal. :inlove:
He was so sweet!!:inlove:

samantha788

Original Poster

We made it to Hollywood Studios and Max decided he wanted a bubble gun or something hahah. He stopped everywhere asking if they had any or what would be the next most annoying thing he could use against us. No luck on anything, but there he is frolicking to us hahaha

Our first stop was for the Great Movie Ride! We knew Max would love this and he did.

After, we weren’t really hungry but knew we should eat something and definitely needed dinner for Max. This is where we had our little meltdown:eek:haha.

Max, in his own words, needs his “hot square meals” and we’ve learned this the hard way on many occasions, so we went over to the Backlot Express since nothing else was really open and he was not understanding that we are eating a full meal, just not sitting down at a restaurant like we had the last couple days. This went on and on with some not so nice words exchanged:rolleyes: haha. Eventually he realized everything was going to be just fine and was more than happy with his dinner.

After dinner, we grabbed a drink and got a spot to watch the premiere of Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! I was so excited to hear about this and the premiere happening on the 14th kind of sealed the deal on staying an extra day. The show was cute, we were too far back to see a lot of the projections well, but the fireworks were fun. The snow and Christmas music was probably all of our favorite part. That part reminded me a lot of the Osborne Lights. Brings such a special feeling dancing and singing around with the snow falling. We were all having so much fun with that.

samantha788

Original Poster
After the show we wanted to hustle back over to Magic Kingdom! This was our night to see Wishes! And also our only opportunity to see the new Once Upon A Time show! Another reason staying an extra day was a must ;)

It’s just so pretty.

Max...:rolleyes:

We had some time so decided to go over to the laugh floor! Everyone enjoyed.

Then we grabbed our spot for Wishes. Magical:inlove::inlove:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom