Trip Report Double Birthdays & A WDW First Timer!

Hi everyone! :):)

I hope everyone is enjoying the holidays!
I wish reading and writing trip reports could be my full time job because I am SOOOOO far behind on everything:banghead:
But while I catch up on everyone else’s reports – I wanted to start on my latest. Every trip I’ve gotten to take this year has been so different than any of the others and this was no exception. It also could have been renamed the “I’ve never laughed so hard in my life trip”

This time I went with two of my coworkers (and best friends) who share a birthday weekend. Max & Mel. Also joining us was our friend Lindsey who is a fellow Disney lover and had been begging to join on one of my trips for a while – this trip would be the perfect fit.

(Lindsey, Max, Mickey:), Mel, Me)

For a little background – Max has never been to Disney. He also had no intentions of going, but one day early in the year, Mel and I were saying we need to plan something fun since both their birthdays are on a weekend this year. Disney was a suggestion and Max was surprisingly onboard! I knew they’d especially like it after hearing me talk about Food and Wine for the last few years, and we’d catch the Christmas decorations! Max can be a bit difficult, we work together every morning and bicker like brother and sister nonstop. He also makes me laugh harder than anyone. But travelling with him can be a whole other obstacle as we’ve learned on many other trips together. Mel and I had been so excited about the trip, it was the night before when we were finishing our packing and questioning what we got ourselves into. But we would make the best of any issues that came up, and he would be outnumbered between Mel, Lindsey and I ;)

Mel grew up about an hour from Orlando so had frequently visited Disney, but usually just for the day and running around hitting the big rides, so this would be a totally different trip for her!

Lindsey was there last new years (I can’t imagine). We don’t see each other that often so it was going to be fun to spend quality time together in our favorite place!

FRIDAY – NOVEMBER 11th
I had to work in the morning, and met everyone at the airport after. We were off with no problems and soon arriving home! :D

We were staying at Pop Century, so we quickly dropped our stuff, changed and hopped on a bus to Magic Kingdom.

Festival of Fantasy was running at 5:00 this day since they had been taping for the Christmas special. I had been trying to figure out all afternoon if we’d make it in time to watch, and it lined up perfectly that the parade was starting as we arrived to the park! We grabbed a spot near the end of the route and had a blast watching. It was the PERFECT thing to start our vacation and the perfect way to welcome Max to Disney World. He was so impressed.

sheriffwoody

Ahhh I remember seeing photos from this trip on instagram! So glad you started the report. Loving it so far. You guys all seem like so much fun :D The Tower of Terror picture is so perfect. I definitely cracked up at that one.

samantha788

Original Poster
Love the color of Canada! Looks like you all were having a great time.
Thanks! It was the most beautiful day and the colors of Canada just stood out.

The dolphins look so happy :joyfull: My dream is to swim with them one day! And those slushies.. holy man they look so yummy! :p
The dolphins were SO cute! We couldn't stop watching haha. That slushy...oh my goodness, amazing!

I'm loving your trip report! I hope I can get down with friends sometime, your trip looks like so much fun!
Thank you!! I get nervous because it's just easy to travel with family - we know how each other works and what everyone likes, but every friend trip has turned out to be so much fun too, just in a different way :)

You all look like you're having such a great time!! Can't wait to read more!
Thank you!! It was a blast!

Ahhh I remember seeing photos from this trip on instagram! So glad you started the report. Loving it so far. You guys all seem like so much fun :D The Tower of Terror picture is so perfect. I definitely cracked up at that one.
Hahaha! Whenever I need a laugh, I look at those ride pictures:D
When is your January trip?! I'll be there the 13th-17th but can't remember when you're there! Fingers crossed there's an overlap:joyfull:

samantha788

Original Poster
After hanging around in Germany for a while, we took a little break from the eating & drinking and went to visit Anna & Elsa! This area in Norway and the theming of the Royal Sommerhus is beautiful

The interaction with Anna was hilarious. Mel was quick to point out Max’s age and Anna told him not to feel bad, the trolls are 7000 years old haha:p:p Max then pointed out how good he looks for his age:rolleyes:

This became another favorite from the trip:hilarious:

I forget what Elsa talked about but she was also very fun :)

We left the royal sommerhus to a beautiful sunset!

We stopped at Mexico quickly. The cast members wanted their picture, then Max had to join haha.

Our next stop was for our Character Spot FP.

samantha788

Original Poster
After the character spot, we made our way over to our Test Track FP, with a stop to capture night one of the supermoon!

Everyone loved test track and Max loved the opportunity to be a car model after:rolleyes::p

We stopped to (finally) get Max his first pair of Mickey ears :) but first he needed to try on all the hats haha

Then since we had some time before our dinner reservation, we went and snacked on some wine and cheese from the Wine & Dine studio booth. This section was so relaxing with the lights, and the turf. We could have stayed there for a while just hanging out!

We then went over to our dinner reservation at Coral Reef. Max is a seafood lover so I knew this would be the perfect restaurant for his birthday dinner, even though none of us were hungry haha. We had a couple of appetizers, soup, salads and then they surprised them with birthday cupcakes :)

samantha788

Original Poster
We had been watching the wait for Frozen Ever After alllllllll day and naturally it was long. We decided no matter what, we’d wait until the end of the night and just suck it up and get in line. I think the wait was posted at 80 minutes, but we literally waited maybe 25? We breezed right through there. I really love this ride! Lindsey is a fellow frozen lover and had been dying to ride it too, she also loved it!
The only other time I rode this, we had FP, so it was really cool to see the whole queue and all the details

We wandered around the gift shop a little after getting off the ride and I was gifted with this quote from Max haha:D

We slowly made our way out of the park, exhausted and still laughing! Max definitely enjoyed his birthday:joyfull::joyfull:

samantha788

Original Poster

samantha788

Original Poster
MONDAY – NOV 14th

It was our last full day and we had a very busy day planned. Today was going to be our big Magic Kingdom day, then we would go over to Hollywood Studios to see the premiere of Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM, and then back to MK for Wishes and the new Once Upon a Time show :)

We made it even busier by adding a stop to Animal Kingdom first thing in the morning. Since we couldn’t do the safari the other day with crazy waits, we decided we’d go first thing this morning. I wasn’t convinced that we’d actually make it happen, we had a lot of other stuff planned, and were tired haha, but we got up and out and made it to AK soon after opening!

The safari was one of the best! All the animals were out and we were stopped in the giraffe section for a long time!! (My dream!)

Birds standing on hippos back:p

samantha788

Original Poster
We finally made it over to the MK and headed right to our Splash Mountain FP!

As you can imagine, Max was killing us again on this hahaha. He did really love it though and would keep telling me – take a picture of that, omg that’s so cool, take a picture! Hahaha. Lindsey didn’t ride with us but said she could hear Max yelling:D:D

Hahah these pictures...:p

LadyBelle

In the Parks
No
The giraffe section is one of my favorites, too. I'll never forget just how close one was to our vehicle. :inlove:

So awesome you got the lions awake! They've always been asleep when I've been there. Maybe it's just me....:eek:;)

Love your sweatshirt - looks similar to my t-shirt that I bought at Target this year.

samantha788

Original Poster
The giraffe section is one of my favorites, too. I'll never forget just how close one was to our vehicle. :inlove:

So awesome you got the lions awake! They've always been asleep when I've been there. Maybe it's just me....:eek:;)

Love your sweatshirt - looks similar to my t-shirt that I bought at Target this year.
Mine is from target too! I got it right before we went away :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom