Don't Eat in the parks/Take your own water

DisDadEddie

Our trip this August we are not using the dining plan for the first time. We are putting money on a gift card and will get the Tables in Wonderland card since we are AP holders. We are limiting our Table Service meals because we spent over $500 just tipping on the deluxe dining plan.Besides the money we spent there was so much wasted time with so many ADR's.

YoungNY

On a side note, most of my family members have moved from Upstate New York to Central Florida, and it's general consensus that the pizza sucks in Florida cause the water is so bad. Oh and CiCi's and Papa Johns aren't REAL pizza.

Back to the topic at hand, I can see eating off site to save some money or for a different dining experience, but sometimes I'd rather not leave Disney property so as not to burst my Disney bubble.

rob0519

I agree the food is part of the whole experience and free dining has been a great help to some people. However, not everyone can afford Disney food prices for 3,4,5 or more days.

On our first trip, we had no idea of the price of food. This was before the internet. So we let the kids eat whatever they wanted in the park. Thank goodness they were like 3 and 5 at the time, while my wife and I would eat at 7-11 on the way back to the motel.

So, if someone feels it's in their best financial interest to eat outside the parks or bring in a packed lunch, I say go for it.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I agree the food is part of the whole experience and free dining has been a great help to some people. However, not everyone can afford Disney food prices for 3,4,5 or more days.

On our first trip, we had no idea of the price of food. This was before the internet. So we let the kids eat whatever they wanted in the park. Thank goodness they were like 3 and 5 at the time, while my wife and I would eat at 7-11 on the way back to the motel.

So, if someone feels it's in their best financial interest to eat outside the parks or bring in a packed lunch, I say go for it.
Convenience store food is no bargain either. In fact I would even venture to say that you could get the a better deal eating at a quick serve than buying a drink and burrito at Circle K.
dontknow.gif

Fantasmic

I love Disney food, luckily, if we weren't getting the DDP we'd be ok as it's only my OH and I, but we get the DDP (regular twice, next time QS) as it does make more sense!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom