Donald Duck's 2nd 100mile Ultra Report

fmingo36

Love that.

I swear, next time Isabeau and i are driving in the country and we see some cows, Im going to say, "Look Isabeau, There are some butterscotch cows."

That will be followed by 100 questions of why butterscotch. Ill tell her to text Nick.

The funny thing is that I had a whole conversation about cows with Alison and Melissa (Alison's cousin) while Nick was on the course. So somehow he must have know what we were talking about it telepathically and then tried to join in on the conversation when he came into camp. :lol:

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Original Poster
The funny thing is that I had a whole conversation about cows with Alison and Melissa (Alison's cousin) while Nick was on the course. So somehow he must have know what we were talking about it telepathically and then tried to join in on the conversation when he came into camp. :lol:

Oh boy, let me guess, Melissa doesn't think cows that are not black and white are not "real" cows...she's insane, but I love her!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Oh boy, let me guess, Melissa doesn't think cows that are not black and white are not "real" cows...she's insane, but I love her!
Isabeau would prefer cows to be anything but white with black spots. That is how she rolls sometimes. "I think the cows should be purple" is what she would say because that is her favorite color. Maybe pink spots (depends on the day).

JillC LI

Isabeau would prefer cows to be anything but white with black spots. That is how she rolls sometimes. "I think the cows should be purple" is what she would say because that is her favorite color. Maybe pink spots (depends on the day).

:ROFLOL: Cracking up at where this thread has digressed!

Kristia

I haven't been over to this side of the forums in awhile but when I saw Nick's 100 mile report up, I had to read it! I haven't had a chance to read the full recap on Google docs but all I can say is WOW! Congratulations on such an accomplishment! I can not even imagine! 26.2 was painful enough! And your commitment to training....another big WOW! :sohappy: I feel like such a loser now when I make excuses and can't even get a 4 or 5 mile run in during a whole week! :p I loved your summary about how you felt after....and you want to do it again??!! Did I see right in your first post you have a 500 miler in the future??!! You are a machine!! Anyway, congratulations on your sub 24 hour finish! I am so happy you made it and lived to tell the tale! I can't wait to read the full recap when I have a second. As for me, I will continue to plug away at my measly 25 mile/week weeks (if I am lucky) and will work on trying to do the Goofy Challenge in January. Good luck on all your upcoming crazy races! :sohappy:

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Original Poster
I haven't been over to this side of the forums in awhile but when I saw Nick's 100 mile report up, I had to read it! I haven't had a chance to read the full recap on Google docs but all I can say is WOW! Congratulations on such an accomplishment! I can not even imagine! 26.2 was painful enough! And your commitment to training....another big WOW! :sohappy: I feel like such a loser now when I make excuses and can't even get a 4 or 5 mile run in during a whole week! :p I loved your summary about how you felt after....and you want to do it again??!! Did I see right in your first post you have a 500 miler in the future??!! You are a machine!! Anyway, congratulations on your sub 24 hour finish! I am so happy you made it and lived to tell the tale! I can't wait to read the full recap when I have a second. As for me, I will continue to plug away at my measly 25 mile/week weeks (if I am lucky) and will work on trying to do the Goofy Challenge in January. Good luck on all your upcoming crazy races! :sohappy:

Thanks for reading and following along. Yes, I have a few more coming up:
IBU 50 mi at the end of April
Dirty German 50 mi in May
Beast of Burden 100 mi in August
Goofy Challenge again in Jan
NJ 100 again in March
And yes, the McNaughton 500 mi in May.
They aren't crazy... People who eat themselves to death on fast food and who aren't physically active, and then allow their kids to follow, that's crazy :D

Good luck with your runs!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom