Donald Duck's 2nd 100mile Ultra Report

JillC LI

Nick - if you post your full race report on Facebook, could you also post it on here? I'm dying to hear all the details. Like how exactly does one run and text Joel at the same time, especially towards the end of the race? LOL. And how did you feel over the next few days? And did you ever hit any sort of wall or did the final 50 miles feel like one big wall? And did you suffer any injuries during or afterwards? And plain old, what is it like mentally to run for nearly a full day nonstop? What did you think about to distract yourself from the pain. I just can't imagine it and would love some insight into what it was like for you mentally, physically and emotionally at various points during the race.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Nick - if you post your full race report on Facebook, could you also post it on here? I'm dying to hear all the details. Like how exactly does one run and text Joel at the same time, especially towards the end of the race? LOL. And how did you feel over the next few days? And did you ever hit any sort of wall or did the final 50 miles feel like one big wall? And did you suffer any injuries during or afterwards? And plain old, what is it like mentally to run for nearly a full day nonstop? What did you think about to distract yourself from the pain. I just can't imagine it and would love some insight into what it was like for you mentally, physically and emotionally at various points during the race.
Because he has a wallet with the initials of BMF *pulp fiction reference*

I think running and texting is illegal in some states. :lol:

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Original Poster
I'll be posting a link to Google Docs so everyone can read it. It is just entirely too long to post on the boards. The descriptions of the race, pain (physical and emotional) do not do the actual experience any justice. What I felt was truly unexplainable. It didn't seem real. I'm changed. I guess it would be like getting the s--t beaten out of you for 21 hours by an angry group of angry people while having food poisoning, then being shoved down 50 flights of stairs onto broken glass, then after you re done crying, and realize you still have 20 miles to go, shoving food down your throat until until your entire hand is in your mouth, puking it back up, then getting hit by a truck, then someone tells you the secret of life and you realize you could have quit whenever you wanted. Just words. Just words. It was unreal...

fmingo36

The descriptions of the race, pain (physical and emotional) do not do the actual experience any justice. What I felt was truly unexplainable. It didn't seem real. I'm changed. I guess it would be like getting the s--t beaten out of you for 21 hours by an angry group of angry people while having food poisoning, then being shoved down 50 flights of stairs onto broken glass, then after you re done crying, and realize you still have 20 miles to go, shoving food down your throat until until your entire hand is in your mouth, puking it back up, then getting hit by a truck, then someone tells you the secret of life and you realize you could have quit whenever you wanted. Just words. Just words. It was unreal...

Well when you put it that way, it doesn't seem that bad. Maybe I'll sign up next year or even better-NEVER :ROFLOL:

MKCP 1985

The descriptions of the race, pain (physical and emotional) do not do the actual experience any justice. What I felt was truly unexplainable. It didn't seem real. I'm changed. I guess it would be like getting the s--t beaten out of you for 21 hours by an angry group of angry people while having food poisoning, then being shoved down 50 flights of stairs onto broken glass, then after you re done crying, and realize you still have 20 miles to go, shoving food down your throat until until your entire hand is in your mouth, puking it back up, then getting hit by a truck, then someone tells you the secret of life and you realize you could have quit whenever you wanted. Just words. Just words. It was unreal...

Odd, that's just about exactly how I'd imagined it might be. :lookaroun

Again, congratulations on your accomplishment. There's a big bold mark for the bucket list, indeed.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I'll be posting a link to Google Docs so everyone can read it. It is just entirely too long to post on the boards. The descriptions of the race, pain (physical and emotional) do not do the actual experience any justice. What I felt was truly unexplainable. It didn't seem real. I'm changed. I guess it would be like getting the s--t beaten out of you for 21 hours by an angry group of angry people while having food poisoning, then being shoved down 50 flights of stairs onto broken glass, then after you re done crying, and realize you still have 20 miles to go, shoving food down your throat until until your entire hand is in your mouth, puking it back up, then getting hit by a truck, then someone tells you the secret of life and you realize you could have quit whenever you wanted. Just words. Just words. It was unreal...

That is pretty much what I imagined it being like. :lookaroun

I think I am good with shooting for a 5k at this point. :lol:

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Original Poster
Ok, I hope this works. Here is the link to my report. It is filled with mistakes, spelling, grammar, etc...The words do not do the experience justice. I tried to remember as much as I could, but it was a wild ride. Honor system: please do not copy or spread this account around. Please read it for yourself and enjoy. Thanks for following along on Saturday. Thanks to Coryna for being there for me. Just seeing you was great moral support. With out friends and family being there, I never would have finished. Thanks to Joel for sending me texts of encouragement. It was like having a pacer there with me. Thanks again everyone! Cheers!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QJ4QrrdfUMyY7u7-CHPGpr5OZCFbKCp9hoZYf9-Y4bE/edit

joel_maxwell

Ok, I hope this works. Here is the link to my report. It is filled with mistakes, spelling, grammar, etc...The words do not do the experience justice. I tried to remember as much as I could, but it was a wild ride. Honor system: please do not copy or spread this account around. Please read it for yourself and enjoy. Thanks for following along on Saturday. Thanks to Coryna for being there for me. Just seeing you was great moral support. With out friends and family being there, I never would have finished. Thanks to Joel for sending me texts of encouragement. It was like having a pacer there with me. Thanks again everyone! Cheers!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QJ4QrrdfUMyY7u7-CHPGpr5OZCFbKCp9hoZYf9-Y4bE/edit
No problem. You would do the same.

JillC LI

:sohappy: I finally had a chance to sit still and read this report, Nick. Geez Louise. I'm speechless (for once :D).

So when's that next race again?

joel_maxwell

:sohappy: I finally had a chance to sit still and read this report, Nick. Geez Louise. I'm speechless (for once :D).

So when's that next race again?
I just read it today on lunch. He seemed so cool, calm and collected on text... to only find out he was talking about butterscotch cows and cursing. Man, those text would have been much more entertaining. :D

Im amazed he stayed up till 4:30.I would have slammed a beer then gone to bed.

fmingo36

He wasn't talking at all when I saw him. Very quiet. Very focused. I was afraid to say anything to him. Didn't want to take him out of his zone.
It would have been much more amusing if he was talking about butterscotch cows. :lol:

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Original Poster
He wasn't talking at all when I saw him. Very quiet. Very focused. I was afraid to say anything to him. Didn't want to take him out of his zone.
It would have been much more amusing if he was talking about butterscotch cows. :lol:

I remember you asked what it said on the beer bottle cap pinned to my hat:

HATED BY MANY
LOVED BY FEW

And you laughed out loud. I needed to hear the "Coryna laugh," it got me through the haze of my crew throwing stuff at me and asking me if I was doing okay. Don't be afraid to say anything next time! I need to talk to people because it's lonely out on the trail!

fmingo36

I remember you asked what it said on the beer bottle cap pinned to my hat:

HATED BY MANY
LOVED BY FEW

And you laughed out loud. I needed to hear the "Coryna laugh," it got me through the haze of my crew throwing stuff at me and asking me if I was doing okay. Don't be afraid to say anything next time! I need to talk to people because it's lonely out on the trail!
Well then next time you're gonna get an ear full!

joel_maxwell

Love that.

I swear, next time Isabeau and i are driving in the country and we see some cows, Im going to say, "Look Isabeau, There are some butterscotch cows."

That will be followed by 100 questions of why butterscotch. Ill tell her to text Nick.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom