Don Rickles passed away today

Disney4family

Original Poster
90 years young. Thank you for the laughs.

"I busted my bird for 60 years in the business, but my grandkids only know me as Mr. Potato Head," Rickles once joked, in an interview with Maxim.
upload_2017-4-6_15-58-42.jpeg

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Sad day for a lot of people with the passing of Don Rickles. :( A comedic legend, no doubt.

That being said, no, he should not be added to the list of "Disney Legends". The whole "Disney Legend" thing is becoming so watered down, and it needs to stop. Mark Hamill is NOT a "Disney Legend". Carrie Fisher is NOT a "Disney Legend". Oprah Winfrey is NOT a "Disney Legend". By the same token, Don Rickles is NOT a "Disney Legend".

Very Sad Day. I felt it was.coming soon. So Sad Disney had to delay Toy story 4 That was coming OUT THIS YEAR!!! All the way to.2019. Really smart. Thanks DisGreed

NearTheEars

Sad day for a lot of people with the passing of Don Rickles. :( A comedic legend, no doubt.

That being said, no, he should not be added to the list of "Disney Legends". The whole "Disney Legend" thing is becoming so watered down, and it needs to stop. Mark Hamill is NOT a "Disney Legend". Carrie Fisher is NOT a "Disney Legend". Oprah Winfrey is NOT a "Disney Legend". By the same token, Don Rickles is NOT a "Disney Legend".

I definitely agree. It's going to lose its meaning.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

Totally agree,

No Name

Sad news. You will surely be missed. Thank you.

The Disney Legend award is being watered down, but that's not uncommon with awards that have no standard or limit on the number given out. I'm not a huge fan of awards like these. An unimaginable number of people have contributed to the company in an unimaginable number of ways, and I appreciate all of their contributions.

Just as I appreciate Don's.

Kman101

Sounds like he hadn't voiced his role before his passing

They could always use past voice tracks, depends on what they wrote (and they're currently doing rewrites)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom