Dolphin Feed

Graham9

Original Poster
I have just read that SW is stopping the public feeding of Dolphins.

We have been going to SW since '98, where its gone from 'anyone' can feed them, then down to selected feeding in a cordoned off area, now to nothing.

Does anyone agree or disagree with this? I haven't read all the arguments about this decision, but it seems a little piece of SW has been taken away.

maxairmike

Unfortunately even English-speaking guests these days seemed unable to understand/follow simple instructions, never mind the increasing number of non-English speaking guests. Even on the regular viewing side for everyone guests would repeatedly try to touch the dolphins in front of the blowhole even after being told not to, leading to several near bites or actual biting incidents over the last year and a half.

919Florida

I agree with Maxairmike. Its the guests that have caused this to happen. SeaWorld has to watch out for the dolphins and that's what caused this. Now the interactions will be able to be even more closely monitored by the training team. So while you will not be able to feed them anymore you will still get to have interactions. I will be going this Saturday and hope to be able to experience the new interactions.

kap91

I read about this the other day, unless the article was wrong (as the sentinel often is), they said that feeding would still continue you'd just have to pay for the privilege.

919Florida

I read about this the other day, unless the article was wrong (as the sentinel often is), they said that feeding would still continue you'd just have to pay for the privilege.
The sentinel is a joke. But dolphin feeding is not continuing at SeaWorld. I am going to try and do the new experience this weekend. I will report back here on how it is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom