Dolphin Encounter vs Dolphin Tour

TERRILYNN

Original Poster
We are spending 1 day at Sea World. My husband booked the Dolphin Encounter, I booked the Dolphin Tour. We need to cancel one of them. Our 8 year old wants to touch a dolphin and have her picture taken with one... it says online that the dolphin encounter (45.00 for all 3 of us) includes touching a dolphin and a photo. When I called to talk to someone about the tour the lady said the encounter does NOT include touching a dolphin, and the photo taken is a group photo of 10 people :/ Made no sense...why would we want to buy a photo of 7 other strangers...and no dolphin in it. Then the lady tells me about the tour...it would include her touching the animal..and a photo of just her (for 45.00 a piece). Online it looked like the price for my daughter should have been less than an adult. Just wondering if these people make commission...and has anyone here done either?

LukaLand

Encounter is essentially just what the feeding used to be. You get some fish, an explanation, and feed the dolphins. You can briefly touch them but its not very structured. The tour you will get to do some hand signals, feeding, and structured touching. So instead of briefly grabbing at the animal while its trying to grab the fish from you, a trainer will have the animal stationed for each person to touch.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom