1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Does your family not understand?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ogryn, Sep 2, 2004.

1. ogryn

ogryn Well-Known Member

I had a poster made up today of WDW From Space... when I showed my Mum she went :rolleyes: and walked off.

Does your family think you go too far with your Disney obsession?

Attached Files:

2. rainfully

rainfully Premium Member

I think my sister sometimes thinks I'm nuts... but she understands for the most part. She always rolls her eyes when I tell her about a dream I had, for example. I don't usually tell my parents about stuff like that... because I don't think they understand as much as my sister.

3. WDWFREAK53

WDWFREAK53 Well-Known Member

My family completely understands (because, all but my dad, are fanatics too)

People at work on the other hand...
    Friends on the other hand...

:lol:

4. stranger

stranger New Member

My family understands because they all love Disneyland, except my dad and my brother is a closet fan.
    Half my friends think I'm weird and the other half bask in the fun of it. :)
    My friend recently turned 24 and had a Disney theme party. Got to love it.

5. Kadee

Kadee New Member

My family and friends think I am absolutely, positively insane. :p They are drawing up the papers to have me commited to "The Institute for the Disney Insane":p Location: Cinderella's Castle, WDW, Florida!

6. rainfully

rainfully Premium Member

Hmmm... I would happily commit myself!

7. tigsmom

tigsmom Well-Known Member

The only people in my family who share my enthusiasm for Disney are my daughters, but then, I've raised them correctly. :D

8. James

James Premium Member

Don't even ask my family. My mom thinks I should see a psychologist. :lookaroun :lol:

And don't even think about asking my friends or teachers.....

9. Journey

Journey New Member

Some people will never get it! :veryconfu

10. MKCustodial

MKCustodial Well-Known Member

Friends, family, fiancée... I'm shunned by all. I have to suffer through my withdrawals alone. :cry:

11. DisneyPhD

DisneyPhD Well-Known Member

How about an out of work MSW clinical therapist? I know one that works cheap, and I don't think you are nuts. (well mabye a little, but that is ok.) :p

My hubby understands, our obessesion is a bond between us. Our DD is a WDW and Disney expert and loves all things Disney. (Baby is too young, but she will learn.)

Our familes don't understand it, but they accept it. My niece went with us last year and she is now a nut too. Hubbies family is a bit more understanding, but we are fanatics of the group.

Friends still think we are crazy. I found some good friends who I managed to get hooked by taking them with us last trip. They are going back with us in March 2005, but they do think we are nuts. However they fully appericate all of our experince and knowlage, it makes their trip eaiser and more fun. We like being WDW tour guides.

Somehow after we joined DVC people seem to understand why we go so much now. Like having a timeshare investment justifys how often we go and why we love it so much

12. yensidtlaw1969

yensidtlaw1969 Well-Known Member

My parents took me to therapy for my "Illness" with disney.

THERAPY GAVE UP ON ME. :lookaroun

13. FairytaleMagic

FairytaleMagic New Member

My family totally understands. My mom loves Disney just as much as I do. My aunt is a fan who tries to act like she's not a fan but she doesn't hide it too well.

My friends actually tease me about all the Disney shirts I have. They claim I'm regressing back to my childhood. But that's not the case, Disney just keeps up with my age!