Does World of Color need a refurb? (Fountains not working)

The_Bellringer

Original Poster
Whenever I see videos on YouTube of recent WoC performances, it seems that there's always a good deal of fountains not working, with many dark "holes" in the show platform.

Also, it doesn't seem as much of a grid anymore. When I saw it a few years ago, it was almost perfect rows and columns of fountains.

What happened? Did they change the layout of the show platform a bit or am I just picky and crazy? :happy:

Disney Analyst

The show is highly technical. Due to errors in computers, a messed wire, many factors a fountain may go out. I don't think the shows been 100% except for maybe when it was brand new.

oo_nrb

I'll find one. How was the show when you saw it?
It was actually technically stellar! A couple of fountains near the front of the viewing area were on but not lit, one fountain toward the center didn't change color, and that one bar of LED's on Mickey's Fun Wheel that fritzes out occasionally was doing that. Otherwise, the show looked as good as it has! At least, to me.

wild01ride

The show is highly technical. Due to errors in computers, a messed wire, many factors a fountain may go out. I don't think the shows been 100% except for maybe when it was brand new.

I visited at the end of June through first week of July in 2010, just a few weeks after the show debuted.
The show was dark for something like a week just before I arrived because one of the fountain platforms was jammed and could not be moved (the platform was tilted at an angle for some time while this was being remedied).
I'm not sure if there have been similar problems through the years but this was an unfortunate and serious problem nearly from the beginning.
Thankfully, we were able to see the show during our trip!

Rich T

I, personally, would not be sad if they removed World of Color and replaced it with a show featuring fewer fountains and some living people.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, may I have your attention; Fountain A-6b is unable to perform due to illness. It's part will be performed tonight by its stand-in, Fountain SB12. Thank you, and enjoy the show!"

drizgirl

I, personally, would not be sad if they removed World of Color and replaced it with a show featuring fewer fountains and some living people.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, may I have your attention; Fountain A-6b is unable to perform due to illness. It's part will be performed tonight by its stand-in, Fountain SB12. Thank you, and enjoy the show!"
Disney seems to be moving toward things with less people, not more. But some light stand-ins would be great!

thomas998

I wouldn't be upset if they removed it completely. I've never been a fan of illuminated fountains... It might have had some wow factor the first time I saw it but it quickly got kind of boring.

Rich T

I wouldn't be upset if they removed it completely. I've never been a fan of illuminated fountains... It might have had some wow factor the first time I saw it but it quickly got kind of boring.
For me, WoC gets boring within 5 minutes, and I've never felt that way about any other Disney show. It's basically a glorified "Now Available on Blu-Ray" clip show, and it just leaves me cold. Not only would I never wait any amount of time for it ever again, I'd just glance at it for a minute while walking past on my way to take advantage of the short line for Midway Mania. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom