Does the time of day make a big difference for Sci Fi Dine In?

Minnie1986

Original Poster
Hi everyone,

Taking my godson to WDW in September and I know he would love Sci Fi dine in theater. I, however, have never been and am not sure if the time of day affects the experience. Are you inside/outside? Basically, i'm trying to figure out if it would be more enjoyable/immersive during the day (lunch) or at night(lunch).

Thanks!!

Minnie1986

Original Poster
It's all indoors (no windows), and will look the same regardless of whether you visit for lunch or dinner.
Exactly what I needed to know. Thank you! I made a lunch ADR for one day and one dinner for another, since you can't FastPass the Jedi Academy. I wanted to cover my bases.

Weather_Lady

Exactly what I needed to know. Thank you! I made a lunch ADR for one day and one dinner for another, since you can't FastPass the Jedi Academy. I wanted to cover my bases.

Just be sure you keep the deadlines for cancelling ADRs in mind (24 hours notice is generally required), so you don't get charged a no-show fee. Hopefully they would give you a pass if you simply explain the situation politely, as I'm sure this problem arises all the time with JTA. Also, I have heard from family members who did JTA that as long as more than one show is available, the JTA registration CMs will try to work around your ADRs for the day, and find you a slot that won't conflict with your meal plans.

Minnie1986

Original Poster
Don't you worry. I've got the 24 hour mark set on my iPhone calendar to remind me to cancel. Thanks for the heads up. I'm very forgetful, so every reminder helps!

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Thanks! I didn't know that!

Yeah they say within 24 hours but it doesn't have to be exactly 24 hours they know most couldn't remember that. Lol I have canceled many later in the evening even for a breakfast the next early morning. It will let you know if you are past the cutoff it will say you can't cancel online and have to call etc. And way around that if that happens being it's after 11:59pm eastern is just modify it in MDE to another random day further out and just cancel it right after you modify it. Have done that too if I needed to cancel after the cutoff. ;)

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
The nice thing about lunch is you will get to escape the Florida heat during the day for an hour or two. And it is dark inside the restaurant - I always have to use the flashlight on my phone to read the menu. Your godson will enjoy eating in the cars. The burgers are delicious, but my favorite is the Reuben sandwich.

Minnie1986

Original Poster
The nice thing about lunch is you will get to escape the Florida heat during the day for an hour or two. And it is dark inside the restaurant - I always have to use the flashlight on my phone to read the menu. Your godson will enjoy eating in the cars. The burgers are delicious, but my favorite is the Reuben sandwich.
Didn't even think of this. I will be mid-late September when we're there, so it will definitely still be hot!

JIMINYCR

Because its a Drive In, Disney has it set up with low lighting to simulate real night conditions. The only thing missing is the crickets. The cars have small lights that give you barely enough light to read the menu. I always plan ahead and have a small penlight with me to help. As you walk in to be seated look to your right and you can see a collection of memorabilia thats displayed in the framing of the wall.

scifiblog4-300x224.jpg

Minnie1986

Original Poster
Because its a Drive In, Disney has it set up with low lighting to simulate real night conditions. The only thing missing is the crickets. The cars have small lights that give you barely enough light to read the menu. I always plan ahead and have a small penlight with me to help. As you walk in to be seated look to your right and you can see a collection of memorabilia thats displayed in the framing of the wall.

scifiblog4-300x224.jpg
Thanks for the picture! It loos great. Really excited now!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom