Does the DCP accept alternative education paths?

Fleur de Frost

Original Poster
Hi! :) Long story short, the traditional college path wasn't quite the route for me. My life path is slightly different, and a four year school would act as a hindrance rather than any benefit. This spring, I'll be starting three separate programs: one with Berklee for music, one with Erickson International for life coaching, and another for medical/therapeutic qi gong. The three of these compiled will mirror the college experience in both workload + tuition.

Working at Disney has been a dream of mine since I can remember. Not only is it somewhat of my second home, but I truly believe immersing myself in its culture will strengthen whatever impact I leave on the world - cultivating dreams and wonder for those around me is everything I want to do, always.

If I managed to reach a representative and explain this (in more eloquent terms, of course :)) would they accept my non-traditional background? Here are the official requirements:

1. Students must be currently enrolled and taking classes at an accredited program or institution and have completed at least one semester OR have graduated within the past six months.

• Students who have not yet graduated from high school but have dual enrollment with a college are not eligible to apply.
  • Those who have taken college courses, but are currently taking "time off" from school are not eligible to apply.
  • College freshmen may apply during their first semester of school to participate during their second semester. The Disney College Program cannot serve as your first semester of school.
  • Graduate students may apply. However, it is important to note that this program and its educational components, are designed for undergraduates.

Berklee is accredited, Erickson is accredited. I can work out the schedule so I would graduate next spring and apply for Disney Fall '17. Since each of them are technically 'programs', do they qualify without being typical undergraduate paths? Do I even need to speak with someone or can I apply with my current requisites?

Thank you all so much for your time! Hope you're having an absolutely amazing week. <3

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I'd call them directly as all of the literature points to the experience as an internship.

"To participate in either of these programs, you must participate in an internship related to your major, and for the Disney College Program, this typically means you must be majoring in Marketing, Business, Hospitality Management, or something along those lines."

Since each of them are technically 'programs', do they qualify without being typical undergraduate paths . It's all in the eyes of the beholder. Your observation that since they cost money and are called programs that they are equivalent to a college degree program might not fit their standard.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom