Does MK tend to be busier on a MNSSHP

Disneymom201

I am planning our last day at the parks. I always enjoy spending our first and last day of vacation at the MK. This year our last day will fall on an evening of a MNSSHP. Do you think MK crowds will be heavier during the day there? I will have a park hopper and can leave, probably to EPCOT, around 4:00pm when the party goers begin to arrive. I can always do MK the day prior & switch our last day to HS. Our last day is a Tuesday.
Thanks for any advise :)

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I think you're thinking about it correctly. It'll get heavy once those with party tickets start to arrive. Some days it'll actually be less crowded because the non-party guests tend to stay away when there's no nighttime entertainment and short operating hours.

Upvote 0

Kingoglow

There are variables that come into play such as, the date of the party (Weekends and the closer you get to the end of schedule of Halloween parties), weather vs. previous few days, ride closures in other parks. Generally speaking though, I am going to say yes, MK is busier on days with parties.

Wether or not it makes sense for a vacationer to use a ticket at MK when you are asked to leave at 7pm is up for debate.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

I'm sure it depends on a number of factors, but I've always heard that if you have a parkhopper and can leave before party guests start arriving, MK is a great park to visit. The reasoning was that it's typically far less busy any day there's a hard ticket event, since all those with non-hopper tickets tend to avoid it, not wanting to "waste" a full-day ticket when they can only spend 2/3 of a day in the park, at most.

We visited once on a party day (October 2012) and stayed from rope drop until lunchtime, and the MK was less crowded than we've ever seen it.

Upvote 0

JohnD

Actually, it's less busy, IMHO. Guests hear that the park closes early so they redirect to other parks. Sure, there is the intermingling between 4 and 7 but otherwise, with fewer crowds the rest of the day, I thinkt it would be a good day to go.

Upvote 0

Disneymom201

Original Poster
Thanks everyone. I think I'm gonna stick with my original plan and go to MK on Tuesday, our last day. I might also see if there's availability on The Pirate & Pals Firework Voyage. We saw Hallowishes a handful of years ago on this and it was AWESOME!!!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom