Does Disney watch these forums for ideas?

DisneyFreak23

Original Poster
Do you think Disney really reads our discussions on these forums for ideas and suggestions since their policy is to not accept "unsolicited ideas"? I hope so!

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
No, they dont need to, they have no intention of acting on their own creatives ideas so its highly improbable they would need to look at sme no marks musing on the internet for further ides not to put into practice. They do watch it for criticism however and deploy the fan boy drones as counter measures when required.

jonabyte

They do have a social media team and part of their job might be review boards like this, but not sure if they would gather ideas. I would think they would look at what's being said, like free polling.
I worked for a large telecommunications company a while back and their "fans" had a board like this one, a number of employees would review them regularly.

Bairstow

Considering how competitive and stressful working at WDI is, I would be kind of shocked if a lot of those people didn't monitor the various blogs and message boards for ideas that might give them an edge.

disney4life2008

I would second Facebook, Twitter, etc - those are mainstream sites where you could have both biases and non biased opinions. As for them reading disney forum sites - its doubtful (at least on disney time clock). I suspect that CMs do read the boards in their off time.

lazyboy97o

Due to legal concerns, posting a rather specific and novel idea here is a great way to ensure it does not happen. It is still an unsolicited idea and therefore the intellectual property does not belong to Disney.

Bairstow

While I'm not sure he was on here to cruise for ideas, Jason Surrell of WDI has tweeted about arguing with people from this forum, so they're definitely aware of it.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom